Funimation Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentdude2

Back from the dead
I was wondering, does anyone else here watch the Funimation Channel? If so whats your favorite anime? Personally I like Soul Eater the most out of all of them.

For those of you who don't know what Funimation Channel is, its basically a TV channel that hosts all anime, nothing else but anime shows old and new. Its worth checking out if you're into anime.

I don't have it, but I heard they can be as bad as 4Kids with editing content out. Along with editing content out, they can fall flat on some of their dubs.

I've... not heard that. In fact, their dubs of Fullmetal Alchemist (both of them), Detective Conan, Yu Yu Hakusho etc. have been stellar. Way above what 4Kids does, where they edit in their own (shitty) soundtrack, blank out signs with Japanese characters, completely change the location of some things (Tokyo Mew Mew to Hollywood? Why bother?), etc.

I don't have it, but I heard they can be as bad as 4Kids with editing content out. Along with editing content out, they can fall flat on some of their dubs.

Occasionally their dubs can suffer from lack of proper voice direction or miscasting, but FUNimation really does try to hit the nail on the head more often than not with their dubs. They also usually know how to properly appeal to fans, like how they kept the old English dub for FLCL when they acquired the license, rather than re-dub it on their own, because that dub was simply superlative.

Really, just watch both series of Fullmetal Alchemist to see how FUNimation can direct a localization when their efforts are top notch.

They also saved the One Piece anime from the wretched hands of 4Kids, but it would be extremely difficult to try and get that series to regain ground in the U.S. because of how badly 4Kids butchered it.

Back when I used to have Verizon Fios, yeah I used to watch it. Used to watch Suzuka, Peach Girl, Soul Eater, Solty Rei, Detective Conan with my little step brother, and hell YES xxxHolic XD. Galaxy Railways was pretty good too. . .

Back when I used to have Verizon Fios, yeah I used to watch it. Used to watch Suzuka, Peach Girl, Soul Eater, Solty Rei, Detective Conan with my little step brother, and hell YES xxxHolic XD. Galaxy Railways was pretty good too. . .

The only show on that list that's still on Funimation is Soul Eater. I guess its because they never finished Soul Eater yet.

Eh, no, we don't have it.

What we had was Animax, wich got removed and was replaced by Fx, the only thing I actually liked of Animax was how the commertials only lasted about 2-3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back