Question about Mystic Realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Kay
Everyone knows how Mystic Realm was cool on 1.0.9.4 version.

But Mystic Realm have seen to be "dropped".

Do you guys think Mystic Realm should continue?.

rocky said:
Everyone knows how Mystic Realm was cool on 1.0.9.4 version.

But Mystic Realm have seen to be "dropped".

Do you guys think Mystic Realm should continue?.
It WILL continue, as stated here:
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=18536&start=100

But personally, I don't think it should. It's horribly dated now that ME is out and the gameplay as well as the looks are completely boring in comparsion to what's possible now. Almost every normal zone consists of jumping platforms over some liquid or deathpit. I'll have to admit that some levels were really great and enjoyable, but even these begin to show its age now.

But now that tag/hide and seek is fixed, that's another reason for Mystic Realm to be brought into 2.0. There are a lot of good hiding places in *most* of the levels, plus the new match system would fit perfectly in the mod.

Oh, and new textures and music would at least make Mystic Realm feel improved.

Maybe some levels should be touched up, or remade.

But I'm currently satisfied with the default levels SRb2 has now.

All I ask for is a straight port to 2.0, which luckily is actually coming.

Mystic Realm pretty much MADE the last release for me: it took a bunch of assets from main game and used them to create a full-fledged and rewarding single player experience (which is something that 1.09.4 and all previous builds significantly lacked) while still managing to feel rather original. The music is just fantastic as well.

My only real issue with it is that finding the shrine within Aerial Garden's emerald stage serves no purpose, since Hyper Sonic functionality was removed. A bit of a downer to go out of your way to find it, and get nothing out of it (the stage doesn't even show up in level select afterwards).

Mystic Realms pretty much is awesome already with the level design and gameplay, and the same goes for the bosses which are fun due to their arena (though there might be different bosses instead of repeats if the ones porting it are willing to do so or are allowed to ,then again it would not make much of a differnce). The only thing that still has slim chance of happening is graphic changes, but it is more than likely not to happen since many are okay with the current graphics.

I'd like to spruce up the levels a bit with some of the new enemies, graphics, and scenery so as to make the pack seem a little more "fresh", but Mystic has insisted on a straight port of the mod, so that's how I plan to treat it. The port may take a while to complete, since Prime needs to make the appropriate socs, and I have to do a lot of manual texture and sector fixing and whatnot for plenty of the levels. Do yourselves a favor and don't expect any gameplay changes in the new version of Mystic Realm when it comes out, aside from what's different between 1.09.4 and 2.0.4 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back