Questions about OBJCTCFG and characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

As you may know, character edition in SRB2 is very limited. However you can change their object properties if you use OBJCTCFG. It's the same as MAINCFG, but it only affects that character and not all the game. I was thinking, using OBJCTCFG could be used to break a lot of those limitations, right?

Can somebody tell me what could be done using this? Here goes a list of things that come to my mind, please confirm me what's possible and what isn't:
  • Changing all animations (what frames they use, how long each one lasts)
  • Changing collision dimensions
  • Breaking speed limits by changing the speed property
  • Breaking jump limits by changing action parameters
  • Altering how each move works.
Notice that this can be very dangerous if used improperly and lead to overpowered characters. But those are normally made by n00bs, and I don't think a n00b is capable of making such a complex thing :P

This should also be useful to fix the Shadow WAD, because as far as I know, Shadow slides rather than moving the feet so fast when going at full speed.

OBJCTCFG is currently not working like it should, if SSN would be nice and fix the stupid thing, then it would be useful.

Oh, well... But let's suppose it gets fixed in 1.1 :P What would we be able to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back