Suggestions

What about Lua functions to control music volume (seperate from the players volume in options if need be) and the current position in the song? Or at least the music volume thing. Fading out songs could be useful for larger mods.

Let Super Sonic grab flags.

Are your crazy? That would make the gamemode unfair and you'll just have people seeking for the emeralds throughtout the match. Good thing super forms are geting removed in match and ctf.

Speaking of super forms. I read on the wiki that if you collect all the emeralds in match and ctf you get a different reward. I'm curious to know what it is.

Speaking of super forms. I read on the wiki that if you collect all the emeralds in match and ctf you get a different reward. I'm curious to know what it is.

I think it should grant you 50 score and some invincibly and speed shoes. I mean, I can't think of anything else. So, the new reward could be anything.

I said just let supers grab flags because if people are SMART, they would pelt you with a shit ton of bombs until you went back to normal, the most mileage you'd get from him is one or two flags. But whatever, removing super entirely is good too. I wonder what the new reward is.

I said just let supers grab flags because if people are SMART, they would pelt you with a shit ton of bombs until you went back to normal

If people are SMART playing with their supers, they would use their extra speed and jump height to run through the other players, or pelt the offence with their own shit ton of weapons.

...uhm... Super players firing off a lot of rings will probably do more harm than good to them unless they're a good shot since in order to keep your Super you have to have as many rings as possible. Getting close to the opposition sounds like a good tactic since you'll deal damage and pick up the spillage upon contact but it leaves you open to Scatter or Automatic Rings to the face, so it's a double-edged sword unless you're good at avoiding stuff at point blank range.

Super players being unable to pick up the flag makes sense because any character that's Super gains stronger stats and upped ability usage that would effectively allow them to get to point A to point B in a couple of seconds without having to worry about enemy fire unless someone's really good with Automatic Ring. The problem is not that they're extremely potent at dealing damage (which is still a red flag in of itself) but that they can easily get to the flag and bring it back in record time.

Regardless. In a superform you are invincible so the likelihood of that team with a super will win.

Last edited:
Not strictly true... in multiplayer, super form players can lose rings if they're hit by other players' rings, but they won't be thrown back. Not that it really dents a super player much if they know what they're doing.

Also, *you're invincible

I don't know if it has been suggested already, but can we perhaps some time get flat support for composite "TEXTURES" lumps? Zone Builder shows them properly (which doesn't suprise me, considering it's not a SRB2-exclusive map editor), but Sonic Robo Blast 2 just crashes and says it expected "WallTexture", but instead got "Flat".

Reverse DNS lookup & IRC-like wildcard bans

Doing a reverse DNS lookup for the client IP address whenever a user connects to the server, and allowing IRC-like wildcard bans on the resolved hostnames or IPs would be nice. Banning an entire ISP would be easy then:

"ban *.badisp.org"
"ban 125.45.*"

This would be an effective way to prevent people from simply getting a new address from their ISP by reconnecting to it.

When we're at it, banning some nicks with wildcards would be nice too, and logged-in admins should be able to use banned nicks. Ban the server admin nick permanently to restrict it to admins; ban "Administrator" etc.:

"ban *Username*!@*"
"ban Administrator@*"
"ban *@*.badisp.org"
etc.

If you fear that this syntax is too hard to understand for some admins, the new functions could be added to a new command, for example "hostban". The normal "ban" command would become a wrapper around "hostban".

Last edited:
So we have slopes now (and have had for a while if we'd dive away from officially released binaries). Glorious slopes, full of physics-based momentum. Though, some times physic-less slopes might be nice.
Can we expect to either see more linedef types with physic-less slopes, or a linedef flag or such which, when enabled, makes the current slope types physic-less?

No. It should be visually obvious when something will have an effect on you. If you don't want physics, use stairs.

Actually, there is a flag that isn't implemented yet intended to disable the changes to jumping physics and the gravitational pull of slopes. Its purpose is for tiny decorative slopes, where it would be really weird to launch sky-high off of a 16fu lip just because it's a 45-degree slope. (You could also theoretically use it on EVERY slope in a total-conversion mod if you don't want the physics to be a part of the mod's gameplay.)

It'll probably be implemented for 2.2, where it'll take the current No Sonic flag's position. (Those flags are overridden for slopes for extra effects)

It would also be pretty nice if Metal Sonic gets his ability to properly teleport through the Teleporting sectors.

Last edited:
Suggestion : Arrow keys should allow us to move between Letters in console, So instead of rewriting the whole command for just a small error, We just correct the error .

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back