Suggestions

I believe the Pity Shield is only intended to help players who are being killed a lot in the ring-slinger game types (such as Match). It's directly worse than all other shields (except the Force shield if it only has 1 hit left, I think), where-as the other shields are different from each other, not directly better/worse. It would just not be fun to encounter it as a monitor in a level, let alone accidentally popping it if you have a different shield and don't want a directly worse shield. In other words, I just personally don't think that's a good idea.
This is the correct reason. We want there to be a trade-off between shields. If you find a shield while you already have one, we want you to have to decide "is this better than what I currently have in this situation?" In fact, we're planning on changing a few things for 2.2 to make that decision even harder.

The basic shield was added purely as a balancing feature in match. If we were to use it in a normal stage as a gimmick, that stage would ONLY include the basic shield, like Sonic 1/2.

On a side note, the pity shield is really obnoxious to look at

Thankfully I think we've replaced that shield's seizure inducing animation with something easier on the eyes IIRC.

You've never been able to use abilities while holding the flag

Wait hold on, I thought you could in any version before 1.09? (Mind you, that DID come out nearly 12 years ago now.)

Last edited:
Overriding your cool shield that has special abilities and resistances with a normal 1-hit shield in Mania is awful though :V

That's part of the fun, it's like the Robotnik monitor!
Think of it like a joke item.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

a little unrelated, but i actually put together a modified pity shield a while back to see how this would look. https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/obedientenchantedangelwingmussel

Holy crap... MAKE THIS HAPPEN

And another few suggestions: A difficulty selector. This would, on easy, allow for the use of cheats to finish the game and unlock stuff (Because for a first-time, f*** beating ERZ without cheats) among other things for harder difficulties, and a Clear mode, allowing you to select any stage similar to S3K or the Hub mod.

Hah, SRB2 used to have difficulty levels as it happens, but they were removed a long time ago.

That said, allowing you to unlock stuff despite using cheats would be a terrible idea. It would defeat the point of having harder difficulty levels when you could just cheat through Easy to get everything.

And another few suggestions: A difficulty selector. This would, on easy, allow for the use of cheats to finish the game and unlock stuff (Because for a first-time, f*** beating ERZ without cheats) among other things for harder difficulties, and a Clear mode, allowing you to select any stage similar to S3K or the Hub mod.
Doesn't SRB2 already have a Clear Mode? Try beating the game unmodified. Or beat a complete mod like SUBARASHII.

Also, can someone add someday a Secret Final Boss which is only acessible for Sonic with all the Chaos Emeralds obtained like in Mystic Realm?

Could you guys change analog mode so that you can still manually move the camera while it's on? That is basically the only thing preventing me from always playing with that on.

You can still manually move the camera while in analog mode, you need to bind the rotate camera controls in the control configuration menu.

You can still manually move the camera while in analog mode, you need to bind the rotate camera controls in the control configuration menu.

This function is almost worthless in its current state because the analog camera fights you by turning by itself.

And if you turn cam_still on, you are still unable to manually move the camera.

I have some ideas on how to fix analog mode but they're a little complex and would probably be viewed as too much work to impliment for a feature that supposedly nobody uses and is "inferior" to the default tank controls, not only that but I don't actually know how to impliment them myself due to lack of coding knowledge.

Last edited:
It isn't. The issue here is that it'd be easier to see the player and therefore would allow the person with the file to have a quicker reaction time, which could make all the difference in a game as twitch-paced as SRB2's match.

Extremely late reply I know, same thing can be easily done with 3D Models, If you're going to disallow players use of custom sprite replacements in netgames, you should consider the same thing for 3D Models.

You mean visportal mirrors? The last time I tried mirroring the renderer as it was rendering was a trainwreck, and using a post-processing effect for it is out of the question since visportals are rendered after the main map (at least the geometry is).

Idea/Suggestion- Mini Bosses: In the middle or end of the second stage of a zone you will be forced to fight a mini boss, for example (please note this is just a example of what I am explaining) In Greenflower Zone Act 2, when you enter that hallway where you make you way up to the end of the level, while in it you will have to fight a giant Motobug with spikes on its back and it can fly.

Idea/Suggestion- Mini Bosses: In the middle or end of the second stage of a zone you will be forced to fight a mini boss, for example (please note this is just a example of what I am explaining) In Greenflower Zone Act 2, when you enter that hallway where you make you way up to the end of the level, while in it you will have to fight a giant Motobug with spikes on its back and it can fly.

Honestly I don't agree with your idea because I like how the acts work out. The first two acts being regular stages while the third and last act is the boss. So I don't think it will happen.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back