[Open Assets] Sonic 2 Super Glow

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
A simple script that makes the Super glow be much easier on the eyes by making it blinking way less faster, and going from a light shade to a dark one progressively and vice versa, pretty much like Sonic 2 handles it, hence its name.
AdventurousFatherlyFurseal.gif

Tails(CD) and Knuckles are also supported with this!

UncomfortableSecondaryAntipodesgreenparakeet.gif

And of course, it will work with every character, unless they completely overwrite the super blink script by themselves.

Attachments

• sonic2glow.lua
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,360
Last edited:
Thank you based lat. Now my eyes will no longer be sore from the echk tier colorspasms of 2.1's supercolors.

I downloaded this earlier today to see how it was done, and I noticed a bug. For Knuckles, the last super colour is set to 36 instead of 37.

More like an almost invisible typo both in the script and ingame than a bug. But thank you anyway, attachement updated.

Yes, since super sonic in sonic 2 can still die by being crushed or falling down a pit, and he still flashes the colours until he respawns.

Can't that thing just work with the Hyper Flash from Motdspork's Hyper Script?! At least the Hyper Flash doesn't need this Glow because that uses the Mario Starman Effect.

Actually, MotdSpork's script uses a custom script that uses a different color when a super color is called. But I'm not 100% sure about how the script works, except that it's functions aren't like the super's.

When you die, you are still in the super colors, is that intended?

Was unintentionnal at first but left on purpose because of the fact that if Sonic died from crushing / drowning, he was still glowing yellow in Sonic 2/3

Can't that thing just work with the Hyper Flash from Motdspork's Hyper Script?! At least the Hyper Flash doesn't need this Glow because that uses the Mario Starman Effect.

me said:
unless they completely overwrite the super blink script by themselves.

No, because Spork's script replaces the super glow as whole instead of the colors. (also it would look godawful to have hyper colors cycle slowly, ew.)

Actually, MotdSpork's script uses a custom script that uses a different color when a super color is called. But I'm not 100% sure about how the script works, except that it's functions aren't like the super's.

Well, Hyper Sonic doesn't need to keep his Flash when he dies. That's cool and weird at the same time that lets me think that Sonic lost his Hyper Powers and turned back into Super Sonic.

Could hyper color fade to each other for once to make this compatible? Would be grateful if it could be done since everyone was talking about it.

PS: Sorry to bump this but LMAO probably needed at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back