SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 06-24-2011   #121
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

:(. I'm pissed, I actually bought TF2 for $20, and now everyone gets to play it for free. Premium for them is only 50 cents(one Mann Co. store purchase gives you a premium TF2 acc) I just wish I could use the money I spent on TF2 in the Mann Co. Store
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011   #122
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
:(. I'm pissed, I actually bought TF2 for $20, and now everyone gets to play it for free. Premium for them is only 50 cents(one Mann Co. store purchase gives you a premium TF2 acc) I just wish I could use the money I spent on TF2 in the Mann Co. Store
You need to add $5 on your Steam wallet to buy anything, I'm afraid.
Old 06-24-2011   #123
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
And how many hours did you rack up with that $20?
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #124
Jacy
Now with less viruses

Apparently if you bought TF2 before the uber update, you get the "Proof of Purchase" hat, which is a hat that was worn by the Commando (Soldier) Class in the leaked TF2 Alpha that can be worn on all classes.

But I am upset about how a "Premium" membership is only 50 cents, atleast they could've made it the same price or half the price of what tf2 cost before it was free. Just to filter out some noobs that would make the game less than satisfying if they had hats.

Last edited by Jacy; 06-26-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Jacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #125
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacy View Post
Apparently if you bought TF2 before the uber update, you get the "Proof of Purchase" hat, which is a hat that was worn by the Commando (Soldier) Class in the leaked TF2 Alpha that can be worn on all classes.

But I am upset about how a "Premium" membership is only 50 cents, atleast they could've made it the same price or half the price of what tf2 cost before it was free. Just to filter out some noobs that would make the game less than satisfying if they had hats.
Premium membership is more than 50 cents. The minimum amount of money that can go in your wallet at one time is $5. Therefore, TF2 is $5, not 50 cents.
Old 06-26-2011   #126
Metal Knux
...Now with FISH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic45 View Post
Premium membership is more than 50 cents. The minimum amount of money that can go in your wallet at one time is $5. Therefore, TF2 is $5, not 50 cents.
Not really since the other $4.50 can be used in any other steam purchase.
My youtube: Home of mediocrity at best!
Metal Knux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #127
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Knux View Post
Not really since the other $4.50 can be used in any other steam purchase.
..Yes, but Valve wins and gets their $5. You need a minimum of $5 to buy TF2, and you have $4.50 left for something else on Steam.
Old 06-29-2011   #128
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic45 View Post
..Yes, but Valve wins and gets their $5. You need a minimum of $5 to buy TF2, and you have $4.50 left for something else on Steam.
The point still stands, you can spend the money on other things. In fact, you can even buy multiple things in the store.

I'm not going to complain as Logan(Alam?) gifted several TF2 copies away on SRB2Fun, which is how I got my copy.

Last edited by Autosaver; 08-11-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: In face? Lol
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011   #129
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dead-w...&medium=116670

Control Point Podcast was an old TF2 podcast. The last episode was last year! Right now they're back with episode 101.

Great day for TF2, CPP was the first major podcast before KritzKast came along.
Old 08-11-2011   #130
TrueTenguMan
Been working. . .

So basically you trade your collectible stuff from other Steam games or the game in general and vice versa? Ehhhh. . .well I guess I don't dislike it *shrug*
Originally Posted by Scizor300
2.1 will be released when Mystic's beard grows back.
TrueTenguMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #131
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

The only problem I have with the new trading feature is how long it takes to trade items on a connection under 3Mbps(I'm on 1.5Mbps). It took at least 30 seconds to get a trade done and my ping was 300 while it loaded the pictures/descriptions.
Old 08-16-2011   #132
ThunderNova

So in case none of you noticed yet, there was a problem with today's patch that stuck the game in-between the Valve insignia and the menu screen. They released another patch just to fix it, but it was pretty funny listening to people go "OMGOMG TF2 WONT STRT OMGOMGOMGOMG".
ThunderNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #133
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

So Ash (for those of you who know/remember him) just published a TF2 tournament and is currently taking registrations. I figured this would be a good place to plug it, since, SRB2 and uh, yeah.

All skill levels are welcome, so check it out if you're interested.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #134
Azure

Sounds like fun. Maybe I may get into this.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #135
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior View Post
So Ash (for those of you who know/remember him) just published a TF2 tournament and is currently taking registrations. I figured this would be a good place to plug it, since, SRB2 and uh, yeah.

All skill levels are welcome, so check it out if you're interested.
Even putting aside that it's Ash doing this, consider for a moment that there's a metal buy-in, poorly defined rules(absolutely no explanation of how skill brackets are decided) and exceptions to rules under the organizer's discretion, and expects a sign-up of 1000 people.

EDIT: Others have noted upon examination of this thing that Ash, while offering team captains on a subjective basis, only posesses 1 non-tradeable team captain in his inventory, that the steam group had 5 people but reported 70 entrants on the first day, and that Ash has claimed to base his skill bracketing on "watching each and every entrant play TF2".

Enter at your own risk.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 09-09-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Prime 2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #136
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime 2.0 View Post
Even putting aside that it's Ash doing this, consider for a moment that there's a metal buy-in, poorly defined rules(absolutely no explanation of how skill brackets are decided) and exceptions to rules under the organizer's discretion, and expects a sign-up of 1000 people.

Enter at your own risk.
I don't think he would go through the effort to organize such a scam considering he already has around three unusuals. I believe there are less convoluted, less time consuming, and probably even more rewarding ways to rip people off than spending weeks putting together an entire web site (layout, images and all) and plotting the tournament formats/guidelines; particularly, you could just, y'know, go to trade servers and rip people off there. Or mariokart/achievement servers, whichever catches your fancy for hunting down players who don't know better.

Just my take on it, believe what you want of course. The rules are a valid criticism, but I'm pretty sure he plans on refining them based on the questions he receives about the tournament.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #137
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
And how many hours did you rack up with that $20?
late comment but answering for the lulz, 441
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #138
ThunderNova

I entered the contest.

Just because it'd be fun to play in an organized tournament.
ThunderNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #139
MechaS3K
NEVAR FORGET

http://www.teamfortress.com/manniversary/

Multiple Misc. slots, presets, built-in custom texture support, fast-track item inclusion, and the High-Five taunt that Valve's been planning for years now.
DECORATE is the language of people who don't know how to program.
MechaS3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #140
ZarroTsu
Crumpled Up And Thrown Away

New update seems to make the game load MUCH faster for me, but I seem to crash randomly after about a half hour of play. Don't know why.
ZarroTsu is offline   Reply With Quote