Best SRB2 Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yeah, if a server was publicly hosted. Guess what that means..?
2. Shardvex, maybe Kyasarin ALSO meant that as a joke.

I found this amusing because KOTE was playing with us.
I find it amusing because I still wasn't challenged.
Another great moment for me was when I joined one of the OLDC servers and actually managed to win a few rounds of Match. I don't play very often and I wasn't expecting to win.

I have a few best moments of SRB2:
  • My first netgame (it was the 1.09.4 version, though). I joined from the WADBase IRC and then I lost because it kept on lagging.
  • 2.0 got released and I tried to get through DSZ. I kinda hate the feeling when you're underwater and you just know that you will be on the countdown soon then either drown or panic finding an air bubble.
  • I found all the emerald tokens and emblems by myself (no wiki help, but I read the wiki beforehand ._.)

No, I still can't take a *bleep* joke.
Strange you can't when you joke a lot yourself. =p
That was a joke (see the irony there?).

Anyway, mine was, well, anytime I go crazy over trying to beat someone in match. Like, this guys keeps hitting me, then I say to myself,

"I've had it."

Usually, when that happens, I get in second in EVERY match, behind the person I was trying to beat...
More irony.

My best moment was when I finished my very first SRB2 map; even though it will fall into the bowels of the internet and never be spoken about again.

Joining netgames on the rare occasion and people calling me an impostor and kicking me. :D

OMG, was that ME?! Uh oh... :O

What SSNTails said also reminds me of another great SRB2 moment I have. Every once and a while there is someone that impersonates my former name. I love to pretend that the impersonator is really "Me" and innocently ask him questions about myself, and see how good an impersonator he is.

Last edited:
Oh man when i finally beat ERZ2 by myself. Now i realize is that it is all about controlling how you jump...and where you land.

When 2.0 first came out, playing through the game in a cooperative online game with a close friend of mine, complete with voice chat so we could laugh the whole way through.

Highlights include us cackling at being killed on the updated GFZ3 boss as during the pinch phase, he flew into one of us, rebounded and killed the other. Leaving us both dead in less than a second. Giving the new badniks nicknames such as 'Jet Vultures', 'Communist Shield Men', 'those spinny spike things that just keep killing us' and the entirey of Egg Rock, especially the final boss, working together to try and figure out how to harm him was a blast.

Aside from that, hunting for all the emblems without help (as the game was still very new at the time and the guides had not been written) was also a real blast. Figuring out how to reach those trickier emblems that were in plain sight was fun.

OMG, was that ME?! Uh oh... :O
This is why you keep a ip list script guys.
And also why I don't kick SSN impostors. ^^'

My best Srb2 moment was, This... Yea this.
6gaf6h.jpg

Best CTF game ever and only about 6 people away from the "Most People in a Server for 2.0" Title. (Dang you FuriousFox!)

I do keep an IP list, but they don't work very well. Most people have more than one PC, and some (like myself) with dynamic IPs. I probably would have kicked him anyways.

'Sides, I don't host enough to have even had that one SSNTails out of all the other fake SSNTails, so it probably wasn't me anyway.

Ah, the SRB2 project, a most curious side project of my own design.

But, much has gone well and there are numerous events that are worthy of being called the "Best SRB2 Moment" for me! The Eggman!

1. The destruction of Greenflower City. Oh what a joyus day (for me at least), I get a chance to really do some damage with the Egg Rock and begin the job that the Death Egg was intended for! World Domination by force.
  2. The refurbishing of Castle Eggman. Of course, I'm sure many of you were aware of the previous problems with this zone, while I do not feel that it is complete (in fact, as we speak, a force of worker bots are currently refurbishing the library for my devious needs) it is a vast improvement over the fortress I detested from version 1.09.4
  3. The Egg Rock! Oh the beauty of a mechanical powerhouse built into and defiling one of the ultimate natural formations of the galaxy. Hah! Not only that, but the defence mechanisms are so very very effective. It delights me every time I witness another brightly coloured woodland animal perish amongst the traps.
Of course, as a fine artist of my trade, I am still developing many new robots and traps. When the new bosses and badniks are developed... Oh, I'm sure I will have a few more entries for my 'Best SRB2 Moment' list.

This is why you keep a ip list script guys.
And also why I don't kick SSN impostors. ^^'

My best Srb2 moment was, This... Yea this.
6gaf6h.jpg

Best CTF game ever and only about 6 people away from the "Most People in a Server for 2.0" Title. (Dang you FuriousFox!)
That picture was from a long time ago, huh? I was Jack a long time ago.
(A bit of history: My 2nd name in SRB2 was "Jack", but now it's just "Sky". My first SRB2 name was "Tails Carrier", if you care)

-----------Ontopic-----------------

Best SRB2 moment?
It was when 2.0 came out.

My real one is gonig to be when the the final version comes out and I marvel at what Stjr. can come up for a final boss. (All hail the great Eggman)

My real one is gonig to be when the the final version comes out

I coudn´t resist to laugh at this. Also, even though SRB2 team comes up with the final version, it´s not gonna be like:

Final version of SRB2, free of bugs, new maps, awesome gimmics, no.

They will first come out with an utterly glitched and broken version of the game, saying it is not the final one yet, and then, after like 9 version updates, and alot of fixes, they will be like... Meh... here´s your last update link, enjoy it, Kthxbai.

When I defeated Braky.
I was afraid of him because he was big. But I figured out that I'm a fox, and a fox never gives up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back