v2.0 Match/CTF Preview (Updated July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thus Rob looks silly now, since Kitsune's prediction was spot on. Amazing. =P

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how much of this was finished after the previous release date (early May).

Kitsune said:
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how much of this was finished after the previous release date (early May).
Icicle Falls, Twisted Terminal, and Inferno Cavern were all started after May 1st, so those levels didn't even exist by the original cutoff deadline.

Ignoring the stages that didn't even exist, most all of the stages received a LOT of testing and have been refined a lot since May. 2 months is a lot of time to make sure the game is more balanced and gave us a lot of time to put in gameplay tweaks that I assure you will make this release a LOT more balanced than previous versions (although I wouldn't be surprised if there's something still overpowered as hell in there)

The new textures for the levels like Silver Cascade Zone remind me of Panzer Dragoon for some reason, IT still looks awesome though, In fact most of these stages look great. I cannot wait for the release so I can play these.

Liking the new updates, the Icicle Falls looks amazing. I can't wait to play the stages soon.

Mystic said:
The alternate path to the opponent's base is the ceiling of the main path under reverse gravity.

Reverse gravity? Applied in downright brilliant ways in CTF? I was expecting a reverse gravity gimmick in a match stage to be honest, but I wasn't expecting an alternate path to just be upside down either and it is, to say the least. Epic.

<3 you STJR

I must say, all the new stages look awesome.
The only textures I dislike are those from Silver Cascade and Twisted Terminal.
Also, I see tiny stalagmites in Inferno Cavern. Very tiny, to say the least. Are they solid?

Can't wait to play those stages!

Mystic said:
There are only 6 CTF stages in SRB2ME.

Wait, 6?
  • MAP80 - Lime Forest Zone
    MAP81 - Cloud Palace Zone
    MAP82 - Silver Cascade Zone
    MAP83 - Icicle Falls Zone
    MAP84 - Twisted Terminal Zone
    MAP85 - Nimbus Ruins Zone
Aww, That means Metal Star is out.
Can't you put it in the archives or as an unlockable stage?
Mystic said:
Suggestions topics are now locked due to feature freeze for the impending release of SRB2ME.
:-(
Bummer! I loved that stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back