Compiling SRB2 Source Code Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been trying to compile the source code for SRB2 2.1.8. I get an error though. The error I get is shown below. I only changed the version string and hard-coded in 2 files. Please don't give me an infraction for the compile log. I got it from github where I was supposed to get it. I used Dev-C++ to compile SRB2. I have SRB2 on my external hard drive. I wonder how in the world I'm going to fix this error.

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "A:\SRB2 2.1.8\Source Code\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "A:\SRB2 2.1.8\Source Code\Makefile.win" all
gcc.exe -c src/command.c -o src/command.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -O2 -fmessage-length=0 -march=pentium-mmx -mmmx

src/command.c: In function `COM_AddLuaCommand':
src/command.c:413: error: `COM_Lua_f' undeclared (first use in this function)

src/command.c:413: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/command.c:413: error: for each function it appears in.)

make.exe: *** [src/command.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Last edited:
I think your first issue here is using an outdated guide to compile. You should probably be compiling via command line following this guide and instead of the 2.1.8 code, use the latest GitHub code as the 2.1.8 code is quite prone to compile failures on Windows.

Even if it has errors, check to see if it worked in bin/Mingw/Release afterwards.

Last edited:
I think your first issue here is using an outdated guide to compile. You should probably be compiling via command line following this guide and instead of the 2.1.8 code, use the latest GitHub code as the 2.1.8 code is quite prone to compile failures on Windows.

Even if it has errors, check to see if it worked in bin/Mingw/Release afterwards.

I tried to compile SRB2, but I have no exe file. I also have error 2. I used minGW to compile SRB2. I have the latest github source code. I'm missing tmap.o.

Last edited:
Summing up the Confusion

Well. I do have nasm. Here is the error log I get when I try to compile.

Error Log:
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, nasm -g -o ../objs/Mingw/Release/tmap.o -f win32 tmap.nas, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
Makefile:748: recipe for target '.../objs/Mingw/Release/tmap.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [.../objs/Mingw/Release/tmap.o] Error 2

Well. I do have nasm. Here is the error log I get when I try to compile.

Error Log:
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, nasm -g -o ../objs/Mingw/Release/tmap.o -f win32 tmap.nas, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
Makefile:748: recipe for target '.../objs/Mingw/Release/tmap.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [.../objs/Mingw/Release/tmap.o] Error 2
Are you sure NASM is in your path? You need to make sure you put it in there properly and if it still doesn't work, try restarting and see if it takes effect.

Are you sure NASM is in your path? You need to make sure you put it in there properly and if it still doesn't work, try restarting and see if it takes effect.

I solved it. It turned out that NASM was not in my path. It fixed my error 2. I get error 1 now when it makes srb2win.exe.

Error Log:
libfmodex_vc.a: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
libfmodex_vc.a:1: syntax error
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:581: recipe for target '../bin/Mingw/Release/srb2win.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [../bin/Mingw/Release/srb2win.exe] Error 1

Last edited:
I solved it. It turned out that NASM was not in my path. It fixed my error 2. I get error 1 now when it makes srb2win.exe.

Error Log:
libfmodex_vc.a: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
libfmodex_vc.a:1: syntax error
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:581: recipe for target '../bin/Mingw/Release/srb2win.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [../bin/Mingw/Release/srb2win.exe] Error 1
yea, update your copy, that been a commit to make compile more 'nicely' on Windows systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back