SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that texture gets real repetitive real fast. Needs some variation, and so does Toxic Plant.

Looks nice Hack. The 2D part is a little empty though, and the level needs some enemies. I don't really know anything about level designing though, so I don't think I can say anything else about it.

Wow, that texture gets real repetitive real fast. Needs some variation, and so does Toxic Plant.

I'm still collecting/making some custom textures for the levels. Eventually, I'll have some good ones that fit.

Looks nice Hack. The 2D part is a little empty though, and the level needs some enemies. I don't really know anything about level designing though, so I don't think I can say anything else about it.

I'm also thinking about some custom enemies for some levels. Hidden Forest is probably one of 3 Zones that use Crawlas as the main enemy. Hidden Forest, Frozen Peak, and Aquatic Lab Zone are the ones that use Red/Blue Crawlas as main enemies. The rest will most likely have custom enemies.

And also here is the current Zone list for the mod.

Sonic Quest Zones:

Jade Hill Zone
Futuretopolis Zone (Maybe)
Toxic Plant Zone
Hidden Forest Zone
Frozen Peak Zone
Orange Mountain Zone (Maybe)
Burning Volcano Zone
Aquatic Lab Zone
Egg Fortress Zone
Emerald Cave Zone (Maybe)
Aerial Pass Zone
Egg Station OR Egg Mountain Zone (Still Deciding Name LOL)

So that is like 12 Zones right there. With 3 Zones still being decided on making Sonic Quest. Big ole' adventure Don't you think? :3

I'm still collecting/making some custom textures for the levels. Eventually, I'll have some good ones that fit.

I'm also thinking about some custom enemies for some levels. Hidden Forest is probably one of 3 Zones that use Crawlas as the main enemy. Hidden Forest, Frozen Peak, and Aquatic Lab Zone are the ones that use Red/Blue Crawlas as main enemies. The rest will most likely have custom enemies.

What do you mean by "main enemies"? Also, you might not want to use crawlas too much; by now, people had seen enough of them in 1.09.4 and there are better options for anything besides a first or second stage. Just a suggestion :)

Any reason why you refuse to use any other enemies from the game? Or why you use crawlas for anything but the first zone?

I will use some of SRB2's current enemies. But with the number of Zones there are, It'll come to the point where I will start re-using enemies from previous Zones for the levels. So I'd put some custom enemies in to always give the player something new to experience in each Zone.

I will use some of SRB2's current enemies. But with the number of Zones there are, It'll come to the point where I will start re-using enemies from previous Zones for the levels. So I'd put some custom enemies in to always give the player something new to experience in each Zone.
I understand, but wouldn't it be better to put custom enemies in the zones you mentioned instead of putting crawlas in them? One enemy for THREE zones sounds pretty boring.

I understand, but wouldn't it be better to put custom enemies in the zones you mentioned instead of putting crawlas in them? One enemy for THREE zones sounds pretty boring.
Yeah... I can soc pretty good, so I could help (but I'm not perfect). The only problem I have is converting my sprites.

Okay, I got bored this day so I decided to make this:

2rfttvq.png

It's a logo for Sonic Quest. Consider it a concept of what I should think it would be the logo for the MOD, the middle colors are supposed to be Chaos Emeralds. And ignore the dumb black line.

I only made it as concept so, you have the right to improve it, it was made with Paint so it sucks and I can't really improve it myself. (I actually suck with drawing :()

Consider it a placeholder.

Yeah... I can soc pretty good, so I could help (but I'm not perfect). The only problem I have is converting my sprites.

Can't help you there. But you might want to try drawing your sprites according to 2.0's palette I don't know.

Okay, I got bored this day so I decided to make this:

2rfttvq.png

It's a logo for Sonic Quest. Consider it a concept of what I should think it would be the logo for the MOD, the middle colors are supposed to be Chaos Emeralds. And ignore the dumb black line.

I only made it as concept so, you have the right to improve it, it was made with Paint so it sucks and I can't really improve it myself. (I actually suck with drawing :()

Consider it a placeholder.

Kinda looks nice, lolz I remember when I was a n00b at paint. In fact I still am. :D I'm still learning how to draw nicer. I'm improving everyday. :D

That's because I accidentaly used the stronger recolored emeralds which I had somewhere in my custom graphics folder. I'll fix it later.
Also, the file automatically got converted to .jpg. D=

The ring needs better shading, It looks kinda flat, shade it like srb2's rings. Good logo though. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back