Oldest computer you ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
The oldest computer that was actually mine had 640K RAM and a 4MHz processor. Its graphics were CGA, and purely in shades of orange. What's the oldest computer that ever belonged to you?

I own a Commodore Amiga 500 with 1MB of RAM and two 880kb floppy disk drives. It initially comes with 512kb of RAM. I think the RAM upgrade back then was like $500 cdn or something.

Let's see, 1Mhz CPU, 128 bytes of RAM...oh wait, that's just my Atari 2600. xD *shot*
Seriously, the oldest computer I have was an old Compaq PC. Win95, 35Mhz CPU, 24Mbs RAM, 9-pin 1MB 256 color display, and a 13k modem.
I did have an much older computer that I think was an Apple. It had a display that used shades of green. but it started acting funny 9 years ago, so I threw it away, that was so stupid...

The oldest computer that I used that had a keyboard was some machine with DOS loaded in it. I don't remember if my grandfather gave it to us, or if we bought it. I believe it had VGA graphics since I remember playing Jazz jackrabbit and various other games that had more then 8 or 16 colors. I think that was all I used it for was the dos shareware games. Good times.

It was an ancient 386, don't recall what brand. 33 Mhz processor, 256 MB hard disk, SVGA graphics and a Sound Blaster card.

Pentium 133MHz with like, 3 harddrives in it that totalled up to about 10 GB. Me and my dad shared that computer for quite a while, and my mom got her own computer. 433Mhz. That shit was lightning fast.

Windows ME Computer... And it has Vista Sounds, Xp sounds, NT, 98, and 95 sounds in it.. I put the Vista and Xp sounds on it... I found the others in my hard drive... deep in there

Oldest computer in memory was my first laptop.

166Mhz Pentium MMX, 64MB RAM, 3GB HDD, 2MB integrated... video thing, and a 12.1" 800x600 monitor. With Windows XP.

When I asked for "a laptop with XP on it", I expected something... a little more up-to-date. Not a second hand laptop from 1997. (I got it in 2004)

Some friend of my parents built them a $3000 computer back when they were in college anytime between '78 and '81. It was a really good computer that would've given some new computers a run for their money. The thing ran fine until two years ago. Which means it lasted over 20 years.

I remember having an old 386 (was it a 286?) in my room with about 25mhz. It ran DOS, along with this sort of graphical file management shell. We also had this weird menu thing for choosing programs to run, along with a setup menu where colors could be changed, which I had locked myself and everyone else out of by changing the password to some string that I had later forgotten.

Then my mom also had this old 486 at 45mhz (?) which ran the same DOS shell/menu stuff, but also had Windows 3.1. Whoo.

The oldest that I can remember was a W95 which was extremely slow a good portion of the time.

Crappy old Win ME that had only minor upgrades, such as a new mouse and keyboard and 192 RAM rather than 64. :< Luckily that thing is gone, but now I'm stuck with a new XP with has a broken graphics card, anyone wanna trade? D:

IBM PS/1 486sx-20 4mb RAM, 160mb HD
DOS 5.0/Win3.1, later upgraded to Win95 and 8mb RAM.

Windows ME. I still have it, and it still works. When I first got the XP I use now, I refused to start using it instead of the ME... but as you can see, I now prefer this to it, yet I don't want to get rid of my ME because of the games and other things of mine on there, including old paint pics of mine, such as this big picture of a tiger in a zoo cage that doesn't look anything near as good as the pictures I make nowadays (even though I still have it as my ME Desktop wallpaper).

Monster Iestyn, this isn't about what is the oldest OS that you used. It is about your oldest PC. Give use the specifications if you can.

Sonict said:
Monster Iestyn, this isn't about what is the oldest OS that you used. It is about your oldest PC. Give use the specifications if you can.

Oh. Thanks for telling me, but that was my oldest PC anyway.

I have two Compaq 5072 (I think?) laptops, DOS 5.0, Windows 3.11, 8MB RAM, both still work perfectly although both their screens are broken. Even their batteries work. Their from the late 80s-early 90s. And I still have the genuine Windows 3.11 for Workgroups floppies. =O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back