A very interesting way to donate food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
My little brother told me about a website called http://freerice.com where you can answer simple questions and sponsors will donate 20 grains of rice to hungry people for each correct educational question answered. There are various subjects for varying ages. What do you guys think about it?

I've heard of this before. It's an interesting concept, but it raises an important question: If they have enough rice to feed 20 grains to the poor for each question answered, why don't they just give all the rice to the poor in the first place?

Why would you need to do that? Some of the subjects offered are incredibly easy, like the Multiplication Times Tables and English Grammar (I _hope_). And you can always just set the level to 1. That's not the point. The point is to sharpen your brain while the page displays advertising from the World Food Program (to pay for the donated rice). If you're going to use a method to more easily answer the questions, you'll only fulfill part of this.

And "hacker" is used incorrectly in this context. Please check your jargon before you use it.

Donated 1/30 of a pound of rice.

Apparently there are about 30,000 grains per pound of long-grain white rice, as I've recently found out. So, we're up to almost 1/6 a pound of rice now?

fawfulfan said:
I've heard of this before. It's an interesting concept, but it raises an important question: If they have enough rice to feed 20 grains to the poor for each question answered, why don't they just give all the rice to the poor in the first place?

Sponsors pay. Without banner ads, they have no funding.

Just donated 1000 grains, the math problems are very easy. I hope this is real, or else I just wasted some time.

Ice, if BW did this last year at English class, the site has obviously been around a fair while. And if it were fake, it would have been shut down by now. So you just donated like a whole bowl of rice! Nice job.

I think I should correct myself: last school year. I believe it was only a matter of six months when we did that.

But still, yeah, it was a while back.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Ice, if BW did this last year at English class, the site has obviously been around a fair while. And if it were fake, it would have been shut down by now. So you just donated like a whole bowl of rice! Nice job.

Yea, I read that after I made my post. I feel fuzzy inside now. ^-^

I've played this quite a few months ago. I think I got 5000 grains of rice when I first played it.

Just donated 1000 grains of rice. This is good to sharpen the old noodle, and help people.
I bookmarked this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back