• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

m_leafyforest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok SOCing is too hard for me at the moment, How do i change the snowflake's graphics to leaves? (Assuming I have a leaf graphic)

I am now a bit familiar with XWE, now the thing is, is the weather effects in srb2.srb? Cause I can't find them in there (unless I missed them).

The lump names are SNO1A0, SNO1B0, and SNO1C0, under the sprite section of srb2.srb. Try searching for them again.

Hey everybody, new update!

Bugs:
The bottom and top of the trees don't show.
The weather doesn't seem to want to work.

If anyone can help me fix them problems by either telling me what to do, or fixing them yourself and re-uploading i'd be very greatful.

Either goto the first page for the download link or click here.

*The reason that you can't see the trees is because you have unclosed sectors on the tree trunks. When you run your mouse over the tree trunk, only the trunk itself should be highlighted. So to set this right, copy one of the tree trunks. Then delete ALL of them. Paste the tree trunks INSIDE the tree area.

I'm guessing that you pasted a bunch of tree trunk sectors somwhere outside the map, and just moved them inside the tree leaves sector, right? Well, you can't do that(without making graphic oopses, anyway)

*In order to change the weather, you have to make a MAINCFG. The MAINCFG, in a nutshell, tells the map what to do and how to do it. This is easy, because SRB2Doombuilder already comes with this. Just go to Scripts, and choose Edit MAINCFG lump. See the wiki for more info about it, too.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_header

Also, it's a good idea to hit F4 on your keyboard every once in a while to run an error test to see that everything is working right. Sorry if this is a little long, but that should solve both your problems.

EDIT:Wait, you ARE using SRB2DB, right? If not, then my bad.
EDIT2:Nevermind. I just realized what you meant about the weather.

Rapier said:
Hey everybody, new update!

Bugs:
The bottom and top of the trees don't show.
The weather doesn't seem to want to work.

If anyone can help me fix them problems by either telling me what to do, or fixing them yourself and re-uploading i'd be very greatful.

Either goto the first page for the download link or click here.
XWE -> Open wad file -> Go into MAINCFG *if none create one* Weather 0-5
If you dont have a MAINCFG make sure you read the wiki about level headers.

Ahh.... so I should change the ceiling texture to a sky I s'ppose? oh and, i'll try doing that tree trunk thing thanks Kuja.

I just forgot to ask, is there anyway i can make the bottom of the tree (the bottom of the leaves part i mean) able to let people pass through it, and then let them land on top?

EDIT: Another question :P how do i get it to 'snow leaves' without changing the pictures in srb2.srb? Cause i want it to be only in my wad instead of everyone who's gonna use the wad having to have to edit their srb2.srb (Or isn't that how it works?)

But wouldn't that stop the 'snow' from falling? or do i just not tick the Solid attribute?

Rapier said:
I just forgot to ask, is there anyway i can make the bottom of the tree (the bottom of the leaves part i mean) able to let people pass through it, and then let them land on top?

EDIT: Another question :P how do i get it to 'snow leaves' without changing the pictures in srb2.srb? Cause i want it to be only in my wad instead of everyone who's gonna use the wad having to have to edit their srb2.srb (Or isn't that how it works?)

Any help for those parts anyone?

No it wouldn't because i was trying to stop it from coming threw and didn't succeed so you should have no problem making this *hint make it non shadow casting and not shadow casting*

Rapier said:

FOF: Intangible from bottom

BUMP *shot*
Anyways i have played the update and it looks like you have taken our advice to add some scenery, but your level is still a bit flat. try adding some more features like some small caves here and their etc..

I will. eventually i'll upload what i've done so far, after someone tells me how to make the snow different graphics without everyone having to edit their srb2.srb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back