• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tycoon the Wasp WIP character WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tycoon

I said in my signature I might make a WAD of Tycoon, so here is a preview that will slowly expand.

Here is the old COONA1 sprite:
9m3n6kna0stccfaotfna.png

Better COONA1 with new shoes:
00ouuxhlis9k7u56f8nt.png

Chrome the hedgehog said:
From what I see, its a non-recolour edit of Sonic right?

Yeah, pretty much. Doing this for 180-something sprites will take a while, though.

Tycoon said:

Yeah, pretty much. Doing this for 180-something sprites will take a while, though.

Its Sonic with a new hair style with wings.
I would say its a recolor.

Autosaver said:
Tycoon said:

Its Sonic with a new hair style with wings.
I would say its a recolor.
recolors are different from edits.
A recolor has nothing added to the sprites; the sprites are just different colors.
An edit changes the sprites, but still bears resembelence to the original.

Wikipedia has no definition for recolor, instead redirecting to the fancharacter page. (Which is really kinda funny) so it's kinda hard to find an official definition. However it's generally accepted as being any one character whose design is obviously based on another.

Besides that, technically a recolor or not, this looks like Sonic with a messed up head and insect wings to me. Wasps have exoskeletons, an anthropomorphic wasp would appear to be armored. They also have a completely different bodily structure. You can't really edit a hedgehog into a wasp.

Re: your wad

everybody said:
what if you gave him a wasp's body

Draykon said:
... You can't really edit a hedgehog into a wasp.

I wouldn't even know it was a wasp without reading the description, unfortunately. At least you have the right idea in mind regarding how much work you've put on yourself.

Draykon said:
Wikipedia has no definition for recolor, instead redirecting to the fancharacter page. (Which is really kinda funny) so it's kinda hard to find an official definition. However it's generally accepted as being any one character whose design is obviously based on another.

Besides that, technically a recolor or not, this looks like Sonic with a messed up head and insect wings to me. Wasps have exoskeletons, an anthropomorphic wasp would appear to be armored. They also have a completely different bodily structure. You can't really edit a hedgehog into a wasp.

Look, a hedgehog is brown, has millions of thin, tiny spines on his back, stands on four legs, doesn't wear gloves or shoes, and has a snout.

See my point?

Tips
Changes shoes.
Agh! *slaps forehead* I forgot to do that!

Bad
It resembles too much of Sonic.(Like what RUBIK said)

Yeah, I'll work on that. Then again, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Espio etc. look alot like sonic aswell, and not only in SRB2.[/quote]

Tycoon said:
Then again, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Espio etc. look alot like sonic aswell.

Tails - No, just no.
Knuckles - Again no.
Shadow - Obviously
Amy - Maybe the classic Amy, but not the new one as much.
Espio - Uhh... lolwut?
etc. - Well, at least you didn't say ect.

Zanyhead said:
Tycoon said:
Then again, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Espio etc. look alot like sonic aswell.

Tails - No, just no.
Knuckles - Again no.
Shadow - Obviously
Amy - Maybe the classic Amy, but not the new one as much.
Espio - Uhh... lolwut?
etc. - Well, at least you didn't say ect.

They have the same base. Look at their head shape. Look at their eye shape. Look at their muzzle shape. All that really changes is hair and eye position on the head, and shoe color, body color, and tail everywhere else. They're more similar than they seem.

Everyone you just said all have differing everything you just said with at least one of the others. (Except for Shadow, who is a blatant recolor of Sonic.)

They all have the same base because it's the freaking art style!

Though those characters might look the same, that's no excuse for making a wad edited off of sonic that looks so damn much like him...

Ice said:
Though those characters might look the same, that's no excuse for making a wad edited off of sonic that looks so damn much like him...

How is it an excuse? Sonic Team does it, why can't I do it? Senku did it, why can't I do it?

Be a leader not a follower. *shot*

Anyway, we live in a society where when a wad looks good, it passes. Senku's wads look good. Sonic team's characters look decent. Your's on the other hand...

So bad it doesn't even deserve to be dragged to the Recycle Bin. It must be deleted straight off. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 dollars.

Tip on how to improve this: Base it off Sonic's skeleton, but make it look different. This isn't Senku where the character is a hedgehog, so why does your wasp look like a hedgehog then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back