..Why does it seem that aol runs like 28.8k instead of 56k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyspud

Seriously Aol download the srb20.8demo in 3 hrs 45 minutes of pain and suffering... And the commercials are lying... Even 9.0 is slow. Also what about aol broadband I bet its even slower...(sorry if this seems completely pointless but have you realized that each update is slower)

AOL is not really meant for downloading large files. AOL realizes that most users only surf the net and check their mail, so what AOL provides is an easy way to do those activities. However, AOL does this in massive bulk, and as a result, their net connection isn't particularly great. Most of their target market doesn't really care, however.

Henceforth, if you want to download a lot of large stuff, you need to convince your parents that AOL, erm, sucks. Because for downloading or anything requiring a decent connection, it does.

Mystic said:
AOL is not really meant for downloading large files. AOL realizes that most users only surf the net and check their mail, so what AOL provides is an easy way to do those activities. However, AOL does this in massive bulk, and as a result, their net connection isn't particularly great. Most of their target market doesn't really care, however.

Henceforth, if you want to download a lot of large stuff, you need to convince your parents that AOL, erm, sucks. Because for downloading or anything requiring a decent connection, it does.

I have Comcast broadband, but my friend is also using AOL dial-up. Not only is downloading with AOL bad, but all of my friends trying to play online games like Halo can't because they have to keep the AOL browser open to stay connected to the internet. AOL isn't worth it for gamers, you should try to get your parents to get rid of it like Mystic said.

yeah I had the same problem with halo. But starcraft works almost perfectly. Hey doesn't DSL cost as much as Aol. Son of a. *burns an aol cd*

Starcraft was designed with horrible connections in mind. Halo was not. Hence, Starcraft will run fine on a horrid service like AOL, because that's what it was intended to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back