A neat little idea for 2.2's release

I've had this thought in my head for a long time now and I decided that since 2.2 is round the corner, I may as well share this idea.
When 2.2 is about to be released, perhaps have a big livestream with all the SRB2 Devs having a big toast to the big journey finally coming to a close, with a little countdown in the corner until 2.2's release, ending with party poppers and whatnot.

I honestly think it'd be sweet and just all around a happy way to celebrate everything that the SRB2 devs have done, plus everyone else can celebrate along with them!

This memory would also forever be archived for everyone to look back for years to come!

I may as well say this, too:
I've been playing SRB2 ever since I had my first computer at the age of 5 and I just want to thank you all from the very bottom of my heart for making those moments of playing SRB2 an absolute (robo) blast from first playthrough, to the very last.

giphy.gif

I would wish for that to happen, but like many things, it's just sorta weird and awkward, especially with SSNTails being busy on his own and many other developers just awaiting 2.2's perfection and completion. It would be cool and I had a similar idea but unfortunately, dreams are just dreams.

Last edited:
The basic issue, beyond just time zones, is that devs have a big job to do on launch day: patch whatever major bugs are found. That’s way more important than a countdown event. Hence we’re going to prioritize what’s most important.

Might as well post alphas to trusted testers to check of how the update is coming along. (Also could be an easier way to get bug feedback.)

If you have to ask to be a tester, that's a great way to prove that you can't be one.

In any case, though, I know enough about how things work that the release day build is the alpha. So you'll get your wish eventually.

Last edited:
We already use testers to find bugs when setting up to release. It's just that there are only so many of us and thousands of you, so it's inevitable that many problems won't be noticed until the game is released. I assure you if we didn't test the game significantly before release we'd be on 2.1.100 by now.

We already use testers to find bugs when setting up to release. It's just that there are only so many of us and thousands of you, so it's inevitable that many problems won't be noticed until the game is released. I assure you if we didn't test the game significantly before release we'd be on 2.1.100 by now.

WELL THEN.

Let's be thankful this 2.1 curse is about to end.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back