How to port WADS to 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastFlash

I'm trying to port Nitro's Silver wad to 2.1, but the game keeps crashing.
I saw the wiki tutorial but it still crashes after the Sonic Team Junior logo, it just exits to desktop...
I'm using SLADE
Also, the log shows this:

Added file silver.WAD (181 lumps)
Loading object config from silver.WAD
I_ShutdownGraphics: shut down
I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down

Thanks in advance

It's easy to spot because you can see if it's color are normal that means they are from 2.0 but when colors are random and trippy this means that they are from 1.09.4.

It's easy to spot because you can see if it's color are normal that means they are from 2.0 but when colors are random and trippy this means that they are from 1.09.4.

It's for 2.0 then. No color issues...
But do you mean color issues on the default sonic pallete?

Last edited:
To make it easy, 1.09 used a different color palette than 2.x, this is why it looks like glitched up, however, SLADE can change the palettes of the sprites.
Secondly, if the WAD crashes upon loading the game, make sure that the Object Config lump and the S_SKIN lump are ported to 2.1 too, there were changes in there.

Also, if you need to port a character to 1.09, PM me this character and I will do it.

To make it easy, 1.09 used a different color palette than 2.x, this is why it looks like glitched up, however, SLADE can change the palettes of the sprites.
Secondly, if the WAD crashes upon loading the game, make sure that the Object Config lump and the S_SKIN lump are ported to 2.1 too, there were changes in there.

Also, if you need to port a character to 1.09, PM me this character and I will do it.

I followed the instructions on the wiki about the S_SKIN and OBJECTCONFIG...
I'm a noob to this, so if someone could please tell me what are wrong with them I would be very thankful:

S_SKIN:
Code:
name = silver
flags = 
hudname = SILVER
realname = Silver
charsel = SHADCHAR
face = SBOSHLIF
superface =
ability = CA_TELEKINESIS
ability2 = CA2_SPINDASH
actionspd = 26
mindash = 15
maxdash = 90
normalspeed = 32
runspeed = 28
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 192
acceleration = 50
startcolor = 112
prefcolor = Silver
jumpfactor = 1.0
thokitem = MT_THOK
spinitem = MT_THOK
revitem = MT_THOK

OBJECTCONFIG:
Code:
SRB2 version = 210

Character
Status = 1
SkinName = silver
PicName = 
PlayerText = PlayerText = ^2Silver^0 is slow, but his great telekinesis grants him an advantage over enemies. Used correctly, this abilitie can overcome large amounts of enemies.

^2Ability:^0 Telekinesis
Press "jump" again in the air to push enemies away. Press "spin" to bring them towards you.

^2Tip:^0 Bring enemies towards you to defeat large amounts of them.
#

I followed the instructions on the wiki about the S_SKIN and OBJECTCONFIG...
I'm a noob to this, so if someone could please tell me what are wrong with them I would be very thankful:

S_SKIN:
Code:
name = silver
hudname = silver
realname = Silver
charsel = SHADCHAR
face = SBOSHLIF
ability = CA_TELEKINESIS
ability2 = CA2_SPINDASH
actionspd = 26
mindash = 15
maxdash = 90
normalspeed = 32
runspeed = 28
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 192
acceleration = 50
startcolor = 112
prefcolor = Silver
jumpfactor = 1.0
thokitem = MT_THOK
spinitem = MT_THOK
revitem = MT_THOK

OBJECTCONFIG: (this lump's name should be OBJCTCFG)
Code:
SRB2 version = 210

Character 4
Status = 1
SkinName = silver
PicName = (you should add a lumpname of silvers character select picture)
PlayerText = PlayerText = ^2Silver^0 is slow, but his great telekinesis grants him an advantage over enemies. Used correctly, this abilitie can overcome large amounts of enemies.

^2Ability:^0 Telekinesis
Press "jump" again in the air to push enemies away. Press "spin" to bring them towards you.

^2Tip:^0 Bring enemies towards you to defeat large amounts of them.
#

I think it will work

Well, first of all, is it a wad of 1.09.4 or 2.0? If it's from 1.09.4 it may still be using the Doom palette, and you should convert all the sprites to the SRB2 palette (It's not using Doom's anymore, so there's the problem). If it is from 2.0, ignore the things I said before, and look at the actual S_SKIN configuration, it may be a problem with that. Also, check out the Frame List to see if all the 2.0 sprites from Silver have the right names. Can be that too. Also, if the WAD has SOCs, it can be a problem too, and I'm afraid I can't help you much more than that. Hope it helps!

EDIT: Wait a minute... Did you add an image to the character and added it to the Objctcfg, right? Be aware that it has to be converted to SRB2 palette before you save the char, else it won't work.

Last edited:
Well, first of all, is it a wad of 1.09.4 or 2.0? If it's from 1.09.4 it may still be using the Doom palette, and you should convert all the sprites to the SRB2 palette (It's not using Doom's anymore, so there's the problem). If it is from 2.0, ignore the things I said before, and look at the actual S_SKIN configuration, it may be a problem with that. Also, check out the Frame List to see if all the 2.0 sprites from Silver have the right names. Can be that too. Also, if the WAD has SOCs, it can be a problem too, and I'm afraid I can't help you much more than that. Hope it helps!

EDIT: Wait a minute... Did you add an image to the character and added it to the Objctcfg, right? Be aware that it has to be converted to SRB2 palette before you save the char, else it won't work.

Ok, I'm converting all frame to the srb2 pallete
Is there a way to do it to all frames at once or does it have to be done one by one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back