Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PC requirements confuse me. I have an Nvidia 7900GS. The PS3 is based on 7800 technology. The XBox360 is even slower. So why is 8800 listed as their minimum?
IIRC, you can eek out more performance programming for static hardware than you could programming for something that has to be compatible with more than one thing.

That, and consoles sometimes get cool stuff like how the XBox360 uses graphics memory for both the videocard and the CPU.

A few weeks left until the release and no sign of the dreaded Warehog. People this one is a keeper. Then again it's been a keeper for a while now.

It might've just been a rumor, but I thought some website stated that the Warehog was not going to be in the game about a week ago.

And why would he, really? It's just a lot more work to implement a feature that nobody was really crazy about in the first place and would be jarringly out of place here.

Pretty sure the rumor stemmed from the Werehog icon being in the game + Werehog boss. Though, the boss could easily just be a Modern Sonic battle and the icons could be leftover from Unleashed.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/sonic-generations-to-get-physical-pc-release-in-europe/

As we all know, only the GOOD Sonic fans live in Europe, so they can get a boxed PC version there.

24196SonicBlueBlur202011-10-032016-57-38-48-1.jpg

(Source)

Also, I swear this new kart looks like its made of legos.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope the boss can be set on a much higher difficulty. That fight was a joke...

Rings, boss was extremely slow, and no fire from the jet pack. It would be nice if they gave the option to hit from the front when the spikes from the claws aren't in the way too :P, although that might not make as much sense in 3D as it did in 2D.

TSSZ News is having a preview soon about homing attack. It doesn't sound like it is going to be pretty.
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/10/13/webber-on-classic-sonic-homing-attack-in-generations-3ds/
So, the bottom line: It’s on the show floor, it is in, but Webber seemed to nudge the possibility of it being an upgrade in-game. More updates direct from the New York Comic Con are coming throughout the weekend. By the way, a fair bit of you are not going to be pleased with how this homing attack works in-game.
“What I can say with the homing attack is that…I would not start assuming that it’s in the entire game from the very beginning,” Webber said when we asked why it was included. “I can’t speak more to it. I really wish I could so I could start to take care of some of these concerns.”
Unless you still think TSSZNews is full of lies, homing attack confirmed.

Last edited:
TSSZ is not a reliable source and should NEVER be used as one on these (or any other) forums. If he has a source that he's disclosing, link to his source, not TSSZ. Otherwise it has about as much credibility as any random 11 year old you find on the internet.

TSSZ is not a reliable source and should NEVER be used as one on these (or any other) forums. If he has a source that he's disclosing, link to his source, not TSSZ. Otherwise it has about as much credibility as any random 11 year old you find on the internet.
It sounds reasonable and credible. This isn't just some random source, the reporter is actually at New York Comic Con. There is a full build with homing attack and they interviewed a Sega staff member there. I'm sure other news sites will be reporting the same exact information soon.

It sounds reasonable and credible. This isn't just some random source, the reporter is actually at New York Comic Con. There is a full build with homing attack and they interviewed a Sega staff member there. I'm sure other news sites will be reporting the same exact information soon.

Actually I've seen Retro get most of it's info from here and most of the stuff they post actually turns out to be true.

...I don't know about you guys, but I like Perfect Chaos new look, MUCH more deadly looking than SA's. Also, Sonic 2 final boss again! And SEGA, thank you for putting this on the PC so I can get it when I can get the money to upgrade my uber-crash-prone PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back