• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chaosrealm!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we see tiny platforms with twenty Jetty-Syns in one screenshot, we know something is wrong. Also, don't use SKY1 as an actual texture. Make the ceiling flat be F_SKY1 and it will work a lot more nicely for you.

astar said:
EDIT::
Guys stop dissing me. I've made a few levels, but fatal errors keep keeping me from the release.

Criticizing your work does not mean insulting you. There is a difference.

astar said:
EDIT2::
oh, and guys, I've been slaving over this for 6 months, and I'M NOT STOPPING NOW!!!

Maybe you should listen to what they're saying? Just a thought.

astar said:
EDIT::
Guys stop dissing me. I've made a few levels, but fatal errors keep keeping me from the release.

Okay, fine. Maybe the boss crack was a little uncalled for. I apologize for it. But that doesn't make it any less true. Please, for the love of god, DO NOT create a boss mode. >_>

And sweet Jesus, have you seen your screenshots, especially your first one? There's a giant HOM error staring us right in the face, and you expect us to not say anything about it?

On top of that, you want to create (Or have someone else create) match and CTF stages, too?! Take it one step at a time, champ. No need to bog down your wad with extra crap. People want to play your mod for what it's meant to be played as, not for a bunch of tacked on maps that are(or aren't) yours.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but just know that presentation is half the battle. From those terrible screenshots you posted, it looks like just another one of the other infinite half-arse SRB2 poop wads out there.

Also, lol at another level pack with "Chaos" in the name. But that's a moot point, I guess.

astar said:
This is a MAJOR sign you're doing something wrong. You should not be having anything crashing in the process of making or playing back your stages.

astar said:
oh, and guys, I've been slaving over this for 6 months, and I'M NOT STOPPING NOW!!!
Okay, hold on here. This reeks of something I remember from long, long ago, when I was sent a pack that looked much better than this. It was the most linear, frustrating, and painful level pack I'd ever played. Some of the levels were basically not completable, and it was full of the same issues over and over and over again. The reason is that the person making it never released an early version or a single map first, and instead went straight to making a level pack with no experience at all. Hence, the end result was utter garbage because he had no idea his stages were all terrible, and he ended up spending FAR more time to find this out than anyone possibly would need to finding this out. He wasted large quantities of time making utter and complete garbage.

Just from looking at the screenshots of this, we can tell it's terrible, buggy mess. You should release a stage or two and get some feedback on it so you can find out what you're doing wrong, because the end result if you keep doing what you're doing is going to be the most awful level pack ever made on these forums, and I don't think anyone wants to spend 6 months accomplishing THAT.

You can continue making stages that are clearly awful, or you can stop, get some feedback, and possibly change your levels from terrible to half-decent. It's your choice.

The whole six-months-so-I'm-not-stopping is an economic fallacy. It's called a "sunk cost." You're factoring a cost that cannot be recovered into your decisions; it's a bad idea. I was taught this my second semester of BYU.

Did you really have to edit all of your post to say GO AWAY? Just because you canceled the wad does not mean you should edit all the content of your posts so no one knows what it was. Instead of doing that, just learn from the experiance and move on. I suggest that you do what Mystic said and release one level so that you could know what is wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back