"_____ the Hedghog" as a name is taking over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
*) We feel like it at the time
This one is key. Even if you fulfill the other two criteria. As a general rule, if you haven't had your account well over a year, don't even think about it.

Also, I've been tempted many times over to disable new registration with the words "hedgehog", "echidna", "fox", "kitsune", and all the commonly overused words in Sonic fan screen names, just to see what would happen.

I don't think SSNTails is a lame name like others because it's not those "o luk im sawniks cuzin" or that "gaiz look im a hedjehawg and eckidnuh mix" stuff. IT'S ORIGINAL, WHICH IS GOOD.

on Edge said:
josh the hedgehog said:
So does that mean you want us to create NEW account not based on a hedgehog?
Do what DW did. Bugg the crap out of the admins and they'll change your name. Note that it only works on #srb2fun, not by PMs.

I wouldn't say it was so much harassment, as it was Mystic told me he would, then didn't. Then I asked FF, who said to ask Mystic. Again. Which I did...I think a couple of times, without a response. I finally got through to him, and he did it. Also, it wasn't a whimsical name change. I needed something that wasn't as stupid as what it was before. >_>

Mystic said:
SSNTails said:
*) We feel like it at the time
This one is key. Even if you fulfill the other two criteria. As a general rule, if you haven't had your account well over a year, don't even think about it.

Also, I've been tempted many times over to disable new registration with the words "hedgehog", "echidna", "fox", "kitsune", and all the commonly overused words in Sonic fan screen names, just to see what would happen.

It would have screwed me over if you had that in before I joined over a year ago. My original nick was going to be "Sonic", but it was taken when I tried to use it in an MMORPG and since "t" is the next letter in "Sonic the Hedgehog"... You can see how I came up with this nick.

Yeah...you've got like 7 months.

Maybe there should be something where you register that says "Carefully consider your alias, because if you decide you don't like it, you have to wait a year to ask the admins to change it IF they choose to do so for you."

Yeah, kind of like the "I agree to the terms" thing, then again, most people just click on that without reading it anyway and that does seem a bit unnecessary just because people choose stupid names. Maybe they should just have to deal with it. This isn't myspace. But on the other hand, we also have to deal with it. Not that anyone's nick really bothers me. I dunno. It was just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back