• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
kciGZlO.png

It looks like garbage.

Triangular slopes are a great boon when attempting to make natural terrain with various rolls and hills, since it's easier to keep them all aligned to each other. That said, it's not necessary, and slope sectors can have as many vertices as you want.

They're set up exactly like how CB did them. Linedef specials to slope the front/back floor/ceiling from its height to the height on the other side. I'll look into adding slopes by vertex things, but that'll come later. (And to be honest I'd like to figure out a good way to handle dynamically altering those before I implement them.)

FOF slopes aren't supported yet. If they happen at all, it'll be after everything else is done, because they're likely to take even more work than normal sector slopes did. And since I've seen a few people ask elsewhere, polyobject slopes aren't happening unless someone else feels like making that work. Those are already enough of a headache to set up.

it doesn't even matter to me right now if we have fof slopes. just having any slopes is a surprise considering how many times we were told it wasn't going to happen.

This is a legit question: What will the software fallback be in the place of rendering slopes?
(If software continues to exist)

No, this is
l3dLIhr.png

That up there is just an APNG from Furyhunter's WIP build I believe

I have a question, can you do sloped FOFs?

And to add on to the question, if there is an fof above a slope, are there no problems like there were in srb2cb?

@ssntails oooh, I like, is that for an android device thingy? The hud seems similar to Roly Poly

Last edited:
When it's done, FOFs sharing sectors with slopes will be no problem. I haven't tested it yet. (Don't make the FOF plane intersect the slope plane, though. That'll cause rendering issues.)

When it's done, FOFs sharing sectors with slopes will be no problem. I haven't tested it yet. (Don't make the FOF plane intersect the slope plane, though. That'll cause rendering issues.)

I've tested it for you in an older map of mine and sliding physics on top of FOFs isn't a problem anymore.

Will FOFs be capable of slopes? I never bothered to mess with CB so I don't know if it had already accomplished that feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back