Sonic Robo Blast 1 For DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daiches99

Surely if SRB2 can't be on ds or any other handheld console then maybe SRB1 should have its sprites remade and new textures and sprites and stuff for ds?
Could you imagine SRB1 for ds?
but is it possible?

FOR THE LAST TIME SRB2 WILL NOT-- oh wait, SRB1? That just might be possible. IIRC SRB1 was incredibly small-sized.

Not a chance. SRB was made in a game maker program called "Click and Create" In order for that to work, it would need the source code to that program. So in short, it will never happen. Sorry.

I think it would be easily possible to use a homebrew DS editor to make a game that does the same thing, so we wouldn't need to use the original Click and Create files. The bigger question is why the heck we would WANT to play SRB1 on a DS. Frankly, that game sucks. I can't speak for the rest of you, but the only reason I own SRB1 at all is for sentimental reasons.

Sonict said:
Not a chance. SRB was made in a game maker program called "Click and Create" In order for that to work, it would need the source code to that program. So in short, it will never happen. Sorry.
Klik & Play was so limiting it can't be that hard to recreate though... though you won't get the KNP physics bugs if it were ever done, and that wouldn't be SRB1 :P

Any port of SRB1 to the DS would have to be completely remade to fit the DS resolutions and the coding as well, thus making it much different then the original. SRB1 used a large screen for each part of the level, and to emulate that on such a small screen would not work too well. I suppose it would have to be remade to a true sidescroller, but that takes away part of the true SRB1 feel. For that type of effort, you might as well make a SRB1 revamped port for the PC.

In short, a true SRB1 port would not be a good idea. The screen is just too small for that type game to work.

EDIT: I guess the port wouldn't have to be a side scroller as it is big enough to make this shot look okay.
img0003qym.jpg

The effort of actually making it playable is to have each graphic scaled down using some editing so the pixel art won't look even more like pixels then the original. I still stand that it would take way too much effort for a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back