mt_seabreeze.wad(Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Django Urikashima said:
Okay, gameplay. I really think those wooden things that lead to the main island can be made wider. And BECAUSE the islands are flat, fighting on it is really dull. And, fill the island up with sector based scenery that can also be handy for the fight, not just pretty looks! Maybe some cover, places to hide, etc.

... *points to clouds*

What about the clouds? Just because you have those up there doesn't mean you shouldn't make the islands interesting. And I'm not talking about scenery; I'm talking about things like cover. Like, add some tiki poles or some more things. Seriously. If people keep whining about scenery, THEN FIX IT. IT'S OBVIOUSLY A PROBLEM, kay. But make the scenery actually useful in the fight, so people can use it for cover. I'm talking about some sector-based scenery. I don't think I made that clear in my other post.
I shouldn't have said "you knew what you did wrong." Excuse me, just bad wording.

Jellybones69 said:
If people keep whining about scenery, THEN FIX IT. IT'S OBVIOUSLY A PROBLEM, kay.
Django Urikashima said:
I know it's not the best looking stage around, and I think it needs improvement too. However, it's because I know it needs improvement on looks, is why I'm sick of hearing how it needs improvement on looks.

Bump. XD

This is a great first level, all-in-all, Django. (Better than mine; hell, it was just a small area with a POOL in the middle... XDD)

Since you're able to do this good on levels I'd like to see more from you.

And if ya need any help I'm more than happy to assist. :3

Keep up the good work!!

There, sector based palm trees. I don't give 2 sh*ts if you think it looks off, I did what I could with very limited resources, and I'm sick of hearing nothing but complaints from people who have probably never made a decent map BY THEMSELVES that has had good reviews by the majority of the forum.

I've had it, and I'm not taking it anymore.

I am NOT here to impress you people, I am here to show my own personal work while getting help on how to make it a better Level.

Instead, all I got from people was 'Throw glitter on that whore and make it all pretty!'

No, Screw that! From now on with my maps, it's either on a critique-only basis, and if I say 'Stop repeating ****', STOP, REPEATING, ****.

Either play the stage or don't, I don't give a damn anymore.

You need to seriously calm down. People were giving you feedback and critique. You only want people to say what you want to hear, it doesn't go that way. And what does it matter is someone has never made a good level all on their own?
I'm not in an argue mood, but just calm down. People were saying to make it look nice, that is feedback. You don't have to impress anybody, or change your level just for them. They are just giving you ideas to help you make it better.

Also, if you comment and I see it as unnecessary, I will reserve my right to ignore it and move on.

By all means.

Don't quote curse filter evasion

Jellybones69 said:

You need to seriously calm down. People were giving you feedback and critique. You only want people to say what you want to hear, it doesn't go that way. And what does it matter is someone has never made a good level all on their own?
I'm not in an argue mood, but just calm down. People were saying to make it look nice, that is feedback. You don't have to impress anybody, or change your level just for them. They are just giving you ideas to help you make it better.

Also, if you comment and I see it as unnecessary, I will reserve my right to ignore it and move on.

By all means.

This isn't critique on the updated level.

Unless you have something to say about my level, Kindly stop replying here.

Django Urikashima said:
Jellybones69 said:

-another rant-

By all means.

This isn't critique on the updated level.

Unless you have something to say about my level, Kindly stop replying here.
I have critique. The sector-based palm trees are looking nice.
And, by all means necessary, say as much as you must to prove your point.
Also, GET TO WORK ON ANOTHER LEVEL NOW!! XD

I wasn't ranting, but whatever. I'll add what I forgot to put in my last post.

The palm trees are very good, but in 3D mode you might want to allign the stem's textures. If you look at it in game, then texture just repeats itself, which looks strange and ugly.
Taking out the death pit was not a bad idea- it makes the level larger. My only suggestion is that the water could use a couple of rings, air bubbles, and, maybe a couple hills or less-flatness here and there (I'm not talking scenery- I'm talking things for cover.) Like you said, it's just a place where you can go on after those who fall in the water.. but that can be expanded upon.

Jellybones69 said:
I wasn't ranting, but whatever. I'll add what I forgot to put in my last post.

The palm trees are very good, but in 3D mode you might want to allign the stem's textures. If you look at it in game, then texture just repeats itself, which looks strange and ugly.
Taking out the death pit was not a bad idea- it makes the level larger. My only suggestion is that the water could use a couple of rings, air bubbles, and, maybe a couple hills or less-flatness here and there (I'm not talking scenery- I'm talking things for cover.) Like you said, it's just a place where you can go on after those who fall in the water.. but that can be expanded upon.

Meh, I'm through with working on this level.

Expansion or not, I did what I did, for there were only supposed to be select amounts that would actually be used.

No underwater area or attachments, no cover area, for it's very easy to just thok to a different area and appear on the other side of the beach for a retaliation shot, I've already talked about the Trees, not up to explaining it again, and I'm done.

Got that?

DONE.

With working on this map. Unless I want to pick this stage up again, I'm moving on to something else.

My comment is that you need to learn how to take criticism from other people without being an utter ass to them in return. You can't expect everyone to like your level, so don't get upset if someone says something you don't like. By posting your level in Releases, you're opening it up to constructive criticism. If you didn't want any, you shouldn't have posted your level here.

Since you reserved your right to ignore that, so I'll reserve my right to lock this topic and to deal with you accordingly.

Don't do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back