Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If SEGA cancels Sonic the Hedgehog, as you put it, chances are that they'll go out of business. I call bullshit.

Yeah that's right. SEGA most likely will go out of business if they cancel Sonic. But Sonic's going downhill anyway so even if the don't cancel him SEGA is still going to go out of business.

I wouldn't say that, just because a game is bad dosen't mean people won't buy it anyway. (Sometimes)
And even if Sonic ended up failing completley, SEGA has lots of other games and mascots they can use.

SEGA needs to build up some more ideas for things other than the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Super Monkey Ball, Chu Chu Rocket!, and Phantasy Star were just fine.

They wouldn't cancel Sonic, purely because of his reputation (I mean, practically everyone knows something about Sonic) and the fact he is their mascot. Sonic is the series that they are making the most money out of, which, yes, is because they are focusing on him.

As crappy as Sonic games might be, they still sell out like crazy. When SU became available for pre-order from a UK games store, it sold out quite quick. Fact is, Sonic games sell pretty well, despite their quality, and to drop Sonic from would would be financial suicide for Sega.

I made a topic that has information about this in Video Gaming, its called, ¨Games that went downhill¨ go to see it if you want.

You know, they should make a real effort to revive NiGHTS; that way they have two games to keep them in business.

I remember playing sonic adventure, sometimes getting lost in Mystic ruins forest, playing the adventure that made it feel so real even though grafics were that way... Ahhh Sonic Adventure really got me into the adventure, I think was only game that made it feel so real, especially when Amy gets kidnapped, adventure starts getting fucking climatic.

This is probably the dumbest topic here. Seriously. If sonic gets canceled, Sega goes down the toilet and we wont see Sega as a gamemaker anymore.

Fyrus said:
This is probably the dumbest topic here. Seriously. If sonic gets canceled, Sega goes down the toilet and we wont see Sega as a gamemaker anymore.

I agree completley, SEGA needs Sonic, no matter how bad it has been latley. If SEGA cancels Sonic, poof...no more SEGA.

SEGA can't cancel sonic cause sonic is they're last card in the deck. i mean they would've had more but they didn't build any games up except sonic. when nintendo see's this they'll send mario to kick his ass. SEGA needs to make more games or make sonic bigger than mario could ever be (not gonna happen i bet :P).

I sure hope they do cancel Sonic, he doesn't need another game, he needs to stop being abused. I think sega can come up with something better.

Ice said:
I sure hope they do cancel Sonic, he doesn't need another game, he needs to stop being abused. I think sega can come up with something better.

We all wish they would, Sonic Team Jr. does hella better job then they will ever do. But they are just gonna keep hammering nails into his coffin until it's to late.

Fyrus said:
Not really. Sega can live with tons of their other series.

Ice said:
Sonic games are bad? I never knew.

If Sonic is Dropped from Sega, I seriously hope Nintendo takes him.

I mean, call it irony, but I had the most fun playing Sonic in a game that wasn't made by Sega.

Sonic isn't going to die until SEGA goes out of business.

Sonic shouldn't die now, not with terrible games being his last. I want Sonic to go out with a bang.

And yes, I agree with Django Urikashima. If SEGA gives up Sonic, Nintendo should take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back