Does anyone know where to get a free paint program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roboegg99

Does anyone know where to get a free paint program, or sprite editor that can save the picture as a .pcx file? if so can you please tell me.

And I can't use Adobe Photoshop, because I don't have the right one.

And MS Paint doesn't make .pcx files.

GraphicsGale is a good free pixel-art package with support for many of the features you'd expect out of such a program. It cannot save to .pcx directly, but you can probably convert it using IrfanView.

IrfanView is free, and GraphicsGale is free for the basic version (only real limits have to do with file output, which you can use IrfanView to circumvent anyway).

I suggested GraphicsGale because it's specifically targeted at pixel-art, which is what he's looking to do. When you're making graphics for games like SRB2, you need an editor that is capable of doing images on a 256-color palette, and don't need fancy Photoshop extras such as lens refractions and bevels that would only distort your style.

Yes, Paint.NET is nice, but the program I always use, (and it's been REALLY helpful) is Paintbuster.

www.softbusters.com

It USED to be free, but some idiot started selling it, and made a little over $10,000, so now it's shareware. It's free for 30 days, and its $40 bucks.

I think it's worth it. Do you?

That is a prime example of what could have happened to srb2 if it wasn't a Sonic game and had a completely original theme. That's just sad, Segmint.

On the other hand, it looks like a pretty decent program. I've been wanting to get off Paint Shop Pro because it's trouble-some to pirate it now >.>

furyhunter600 said:
That is a prime example of what could have happened to srb2 if it wasn't a Sonic game and had a completely original theme. That's just sad, Segmint.

I didn't understand what you meant.

Isn't that what a true mod is supposed to be? That's what I'm doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back