SRB2 Tournament (Cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I did that before, I never got 24 people to join, but then again I didn't get the word out that good before...

Y'know, I might have said this somewhere before, but... Rather than setting up one big CTF contest, there should be monthly official competitions for every gametype. Think about it, it's really a good idea. Perhaps you could put a "hall of fame" section on the site, as well. Besides, there haven't been many netgames lately, something like this might jumpstart the community.

This is the sixty rule:

#6: Someone must take the screenshot of the scores after the level is over (if everyone did, that would be nice).

But here is a problem: if you try to take a screenshot in 256 colours mode (such as in SRB2), when you put it in a program, such as Paint, the image will appear discoloured... At least in Win98 this bug occurs... I don't know if occurs in WinXP, but...

PS:

Sik said:
If I was Foxboy, I will wrote "Singups will begin April 9 at 9 PM and end when 24 players was joined".

ARGH!!! It's WERE, not WAS!!!

OK... Thanks for the observation... But quit "This is the sixty rule" from the quote... :lol:

As much as I would like to do this tournament with other games modes, I think it'll be abit more of a hassle with other game modes like, Tag(which like no one plays), Race and Chaos(Lag and bad framerate city). Also, I don't care about if the file gets all discolorated, just take the screenshot and send me it.

Foxboy, in screenshot decolouration the problem is too big... All colours appears black... Only one or two in red or yellow (and the scoring numbers are black)... If I can I will post a image that shows the bug (why Windows always malfunctions?).

I tried to reduplicate that and I did. If your using printscreen, don't. Use in the console "Screenshot" to get a screenshot on Srb2

Even with one player, Chaos lags me like hell when I set the respawn rate to 20. Imagine something like that with six players.

There's a difference between lag and bad framerate.

WHat you're getting in single player is having too many enemies for your computer to process fast enough.
BWAH! YOUR COMPUTOR SUX LOLOLO!!

Some games do frame-skip: if frame-rate isn't enough, then skip the video dump (normally the more slow) and do the next frame... It normally functions well in slow computers... I always use it... Now, if SRB2 can use it, I don't know (if can be defined in "Options", note that I go directly to start the game)...

Hmm.. Can I make team 8, which I shall call.. Team Masamune?

Hell, I might be a bit rusty at playing SRB2 netgames. Better train up.

All the team slots are empty(sorry people that wanted to create your own). So team captains, Go recruit people for your teams now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back