Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
In the master server, I've seen players with colored text in there names and even in there server name. How do you get the colored text?

*You must use magic!*

Oh not really, someone didn't tell you that already?
You must have special symbols to make the colored text.

*You must use magic!*

Oh not really, someone didn't tell you that already?
You must have special symbols to make the colored text.

Well maybe you can go ahead and tell him what those symbols are, instead of being a punk about it. I certainly don't know how either, and I've been around here for a while.

Well maybe you can go ahead and tell him what those symbols are, instead of being a punk about it.

I swear it was implied over a year ago that you arn't supposed to tell anyone, as colors were SUPPOSED to be removed, but they apparently stuck for server names. I dunno about player names though. I could be wrong here.

Really? Huh, I must not have been around then, so I wouldn't know.
I can see why they'd remove them, however.

Why remove things that aren't broken? If they are, maybe someone can tell us why.

I believe it was the massive amount of abuse they had, and that because of they way they were done, you could ONLY do it in a script, encouraging use of spamming it. SRB2CB had this too, but it was removed there too. SRB2CB had colors available via a button command, but that was also removed because colors were generally used to annoy.

The way I see colors used today are for a good purpose like to 'make your name fancy' or to make your server noticeable when you are looking for one.

Well it isn´t bad purpose. But still how could colors be used to annoy people as DOOD said?

This is under help, not discussion. I want answers people.

Well we have to ask admins first if we can do that right?

Mabye to some people it is.
A lot of really stupid things are really cool to a few people. "Fancy names" are among those things.

Well it isn´t bad purpose. But still how could colors be used to annoy people as DOOD said?
You can

• spam colored console messages to draw your attention to yourself and disrupt the chat.
  • spam colored player names to draw your attention to yourself and disrupt the player list.
  • spam colored server names to draw your attention to yourself and disrupt the server list.
Well we have to ask admins first if we can do that right?
Why would you need to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back