Can you get the soundtrack for the Mysticrealm WAD anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wills316

Bad at SRB2
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, sorry if it isn't. Is it possible to download the soundtrack for the Mysticrealm WAD of levels anywhere? Expecially Tempest Valley, Verdant Forest, Flame Rift (I think it's called that) and Midnight Freeze zones.

EDIT: I did a search on the forum & on Google but didn't find it.

Last edited:
They're in the music.dta file that comes with SRB2.

I tried extracting them with XWE but it came out as some MIDI file that didn't sound right, and the soundtrack was no longer in the game. I suck at that kinda stuff.

EDIT: My bad, I used SLumpED not XWE.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Yaay, apparently I somehow corrupted music.dta whilst trying to squeeze the OGG's out of it. Stupid XWE.

Last edited:
Look farther down the list and find O_MAPblankblankM instead of D_MAPblankblankM.

Also, you should always backup files before opening them in XWE.

I found those but I have no idea how to extract them. I tried saving them as a 'doom wave' but apparently it didn't work, can't see any other way. Thanks for the advice about the backups though!

Grrrr I give up, it didn't seem to like that

EDIT = Got it, just needed to download something that plays OGG files. SSNTails, you officially rock!

Last edited:
Nice, I'd never seen an online one before. I tend to use a program called Audacity for converting audio files.

Cool, wasn't aware of that! And glaber, Winamp is what I downloaded. Forgot how good it was, haven't used it in AGES.

Thank you.

No license? I'm not seeing any license there. If I remember correctly, there were some restrictions about usage of these soundtracks in other works other than SRB2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back