Sonic dies unexpectingly. Need help fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa-x

I have made a map (coming soon) but when the level start,the camera go down and sonic die.

The sector has not the effect of the pit, only two has it. The sector is 1000 the floor and 5000 the ceiling.

i have try to take the start at the high of 3000, but when start, it automatically go down and die :@ :@ :@

What is going on what i do?

fawfulfan said:
PLEASE improve your grammar. I have only the vaguest idea what you're saying.

Sorry but i talk italian, i mean i have made a map, i want to test it, but when the level starts, sonic die, but in the sector i haven't take the pit!

What i do?

I made your topic title more clear on what the problem actually is.

Anyway, from reading your post, it seems like you have your floor higher then the ceiling. You should switch those numbers and you should be fine.

Torgo said:
I made your topic title more clear on what the problem actually is.

Anyway, from reading your post, it seems like you have your floor higher then the ceiling. You should switch those numbers and you should be fine.

No, you wrong, the floor is 1000 and the ceiling is 5000, because in 3D mode it look good, but start the game is it :\

Another possibility?

Eblo said:
Okay, I have NO idea what you are trying to say. Please use better English.

MMM...

Floor: 1000

Ceiling: 5000

Problem: Sonic dies when level starts

INFO: i have try objectplace on, and i have use objectplace off on another sector but it is die again.

For this, sonic dies everywhere!

Sa-x said:
Eblo said:

MMM...

INFO: i have try objectplace on, and i have use objectplace off on another sector but it is die again.

Is the sector effect "Death Pit"?

Eblo said:
Sa-x said:
Eblo said:

MMM...

Is the sector effect "Death Pit"?

No, is on normal, pit is only on some others sectors.

I've looked at it thoroughly, and I really can't find anything wrong.

You mean the level is ok?
but why sonic dies?

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Well now i try in game, and i make the level hearder, have you change anithink in level?

Sa-x, please, host your wad somewhere and send me a private message with a link to download.

EDIT:

I found the problem:

You had accidentally set a giant Solid Invisible FOF in whole map with a height 0 and 5000 (see linedefs 775 and 749).

Once you had set Linedef Action 105 (Solid Invisible FOF) in two linedefs with a tag 0 (zero), all sectors of the map that have tag 0 received a Solid Invisible FOF. Then, every time you start the map, the character is instantly "crushed" by this giant invisible FOF.

Also, your map had 15 critical warnings. I fixed them all.

PM sent and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back