Not open for further replies.

Varren

Top 50 In #FortniteMostWanted
Sonic Team Junior
It's supposed to come out this month.
Other than that, are you getting one?
I already have one on hold.

(Am I in the right section?)

I'm happy with my DS lite thank you, but I cant say I wasn't tempted to get one though

I totally am. I was saving up for it for a while, but then realized all of a sudden that I had overestimated the price (I didn't know it yet) and that I had more than enough to buy one.

Anyway, I have an original DS. It's not in terrible condition, but I'm pretty behind. I could do with a DSi.

fawfulfan said:
Anyway, I have an original DS. It's not in terrible condition, but I'm pretty behind. I could do with a DSi.

What does the DSi have over your current DS that would mean you would waste £150~ on it? Camera? Meh. Slightly bigger screen? Barely.

What does the DSi have over the DSLite? A lot more than just looks and totally useless additions. It has a 133Mhz ARM CPU, 16MBs of RAM, two cameras, an SD card slot, and 256MBs built-in flash memory. Can you imagine what the Homebrew scene would do with all that? I personally can't wait to see if DSLinux developers will (if possible) take advantage of the extra RAM to create a functional desktop for it.

Oh, and if lazy old Sonic Team still won't create a fully 3D SU-style Sonic game for the DS, (Now that the system is much more powerful.) I'm not buying it. It won't be worth the upgrade without something like that.

Honestly, the lack of a GBA slot is a deal-breaker for me. I actually use that GBA slot to play GBA games. If I need to replace my DS I'll buy a DS Lite instead.

Dr. Pepper: Have you looked at the PSP specs latley? 333Mhz MIPS CPU, 32MBs RAM on 1000 series and 65MBs on others, 3000 series has a microphone, Memory Stick Duo slot, and a 166Mhz GPU. Plus it's got firmware that allows you to play high quality video, and MP3/WMA/AAC music. PSP costs the same as well.

Yes I am, and I will return my DSLite at the time too.

I want a camera..since I don't have one..
I wanna surf the web when I'm not home, I want to download DSiWare.

And there may be exclusive games for it.

I'd rather just get a Pandora. According to recent exchange rates, it seems that it's actually dropped a bit in price over in the US. Needless to say, I've already placed my reorder [on the Pandora] and I should be one of the first people to get one. Nintendo has clearly lost their mind now. Until they realize their mistake, I'm sticking to PC and PC-like systems.

Oh, and Dr.Pepper, I doubt that you'd be able to run a full desktop environment in Linux at just 16MB RAM. Even the more light-weight solutions would have problems.

I want my DS microphone to work right! Darn it all, I couldn't launch Yoshi on his damnable balloons.

I'm not going to get a Nintendo DSi because of the lack of the Gamboy cartridge. Most of my favorite portable games are for the GBA.
I went through the DS craze when it was the "hot thing" on the shelves. I am not going to go through the same craze for a system with a few improvements and that major set back.

akirahedgehog said:
Dr. Pepper: Have you looked at the PSP specs latley? 333Mhz MIPS CPU, 32MBs RAM on 1000 series and 65MBs on others, 3000 series has a microphone, Memory Stick Duo slot, and a 166Mhz GPU. Plus it's got firmware that allows you to play high quality video, and MP3/WMA/AAC music. PSP costs the same as well.
Seriously, who hasn't? I have, and still don't want it. (Or better put, don't need it.) The PSP just has too many durability-related cons for me. It looks too fragile for a portable console, (Especially the UMD drive.) the screen is way too wide, and I can imagine it would crack easily. The PSP's commercial game library is also rather limited, and not enough titles have as of yet to catch my interest.
Custom firmware isn't always easy to "install" on the system either, and the only app that really interests me is the Daedalus N64 emulator.
FoxBlitzz said:
Oh, and Dr.Pepper, I doubt that you'd be able to run a full desktop environment in Linux at just 16MB RAM. Even the more light-weight solutions would have problems.
I am aware of that, and also have as of yet to see even minimalistic distros with an X-Window system running on 16MBs. (Then again, why would you want a serious desktop with 16MBs of RAM?) Regardless, it would be nice to do a few things without the terminal.
There was some development on Nano-X for DSLinux, (I'm sure you already knew about that.) although with only 4MB of RAM to work with, development pretty much stopped, obviously. I'm only curious if the DSi's extra RAM and CPU would allow it to be a little more functional/stable. I should have made that more clear in my previous post.

Dr.Pepper said:
akirahedgehog said:
Seriously, who hasn't? I have, and still don't want it. (Or better put, don't need it.) The PSP just has too many durability-related cons for me. It looks too fragile for a portable console, (Especially the UMD drive.) the screen is way too wide, and I can imagine it would crack easily. The PSP's commercial game library is also rather limited, and not enough titles have as of yet to catch my interest.
Custom firmware isn't always easy to "install" on the system either, and the only app that really interests me is the Daedalus N64 emulator.
Actually, it's not fragile at all. I've dropped mine SEVERAL times and it still looks new. Not a single scratch, crack, or anything. And they've got a great '09 lineup of games to come. The most popular would have to be Little Big Planet, RockBand Unplugged, and Motorstorm.
The daedalus N64 emulator isn't all that great right now, though. It's more of a Super Mario 64 emulator since that's the only fully functional game for it right now.

EDIT: Although, every so often when I drop it the UMD drive opens up. Not really like I use it anyway, considering I have CFW. Which is VERY easy to install. I've made money by getting CFW on my friends PSPs, and it only took 2 minutes.

I'm getting one. Though I don't have the money in time so I'll wait until my birthday in May. I always have loved the new nintendo craze, especially for the shop and exclusive games. The camera (I THINK) is better than my phone, I've never owned a music player, and I'll just keep my DS lite. I've never really liked trading in my systems, except GBA to GBASP, and DS to lite. (I've ownED the GBA, GBASP, DS, and DS lite. And just for the heck of it. The consoles were the NES, SNES, N64, GC, and Wii.)

Not me... I think the ds lite is as good as nintendo can get. Until they make a diffrent hand-held.

blargen said:
Not me... I think the ds lite is as good as nintendo can get. Until they make a diffrent hand-held.
With 4 screens, each with different game play gimmicks.
Although that does bring the question, whats next for Nintendo on the Hand held market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back