Sonic Unleashed Failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
SuperSonicStar* said:
TrueTenguMan said:
I find it selfish for saying that it's your own falt for not buying a next-gen game system just to play Sonic unleashed. But I see common sence to NOT buy it for the PS2 since the shading on it fails unless it was a high resolution movie (examples are God of war, Dot hack GU, and games from Sqaure Enix). But since "gift" was mentioned, then thats alright. But it should of been obvious for Sega that it was going to get even worst rating and look worst on the PS2 (Another Dedede moment for Sega *rolls eyes*).

But Don't hate the game if you played it on one old system thats still living (Ps2). Just find a demo in some store that has sonic unleashed and play it. You'll enjoy it.

Thats exactly right; despite the games failure, atleast have fun with it till I can buy you it again on the PS3. Im sorry for getting you 1 thing, but I didn't have any money. So, I'll get yah a PS3 and Sonic Unleashed, Shadamy-Angel. Will that make you feel better? because im spending alot of money here.
Did you really get that for him/her?

I just got the game for her and shes playing it now. But she says the game still sucks...

Did she at least play through the entire thing? Hopefully it isn't a complaint over the town set up(having to click and talk to people), cause thats kinda pointless in my opinion.

I've played this game, and this is the worst Sonic game up to date IMO. I mean, Sonic 06 was one of my favorite Sonic games, and I'm not kidding.

The night stages were boring, repetative, and just bleh.
The speed levels were great, but also repetative.
I haven't played this game for a straight hour without turning it off.

I have the Wii version, and I must say that the night stages weren't THAT boring. It was more complicated than boring actually. I'm a person that like Platform/Beat 'Em Up games. When I played in the night stages, I've actually found it fun because it was challenging, and due to Werehog's speed, I can actually act fast on what I've have to do to complete it. It's hard to explain but yeah.

As for the day stages, the only problem I see is the camera angle when in 3D mode. I can barely see my surroundings when I'm running, and that could be a problem. However, as long as that I can actually move around and can run as fast as I want, then I have no problem.

And about the PS2 version, not only that the graphics were terrible, have you all noticed the lack of animations, especially Sonic's head?
WiiPS2UnleashedSonicModelCompare.png

Yeeeah...

Anyway, this game took me five days to finished the game, and the following nine days to get S rank at all the day & night stages. I am, still however, collecting the rest of the missing items I have left out. All that I've got to say to Sonic fans about the night stages is that if you hate to move slow in Sonic games, DON'T buy this game. But all I know that I'm not the only one that think that this game is not a failure. Enough said.

RE4FAN said:
Well, you got me there, even though you spelled repetitive wrong, unless I'm mistaken. Most of the day time missions, I do have to run in the certain parts of the same level again, but I don't care about it that much, as long as I finish the mission.

Really whats the point of saying it failed? One level doesn't make it fail you know.

I actually enjoyed the wii version more because the 360 one wasted time with medals.

Sonnarkku said:
Chaos Knux said:
PS3 ? 360
Wii > PS2
? > ? > ? > PS2

This is my awnser

PS3>XBOX 360>Wii>PS2

PS3 was proved to have WAAAY more slowdowns then 360,also the buttons were harder since all the PS3 buttons had a black backround.Meaning it won't be color coded causing trouble to users in button areas.

Sondaniel22 said:
I have the Wii version, and I must say that the night stages weren't THAT boring. It was more complicated than boring actually. I'm a person that like Platform/Beat 'Em Up games. When I played in the night stages, I've actually found it fun because it was challenging, and due to Werehog's speed, I can actually act fast on what I've have to do to complete it. It's hard to explain but yeah.

As for the day stages, the only problem I see is the camera angle when in 3D mode. I can barely see my surroundings when I'm running, and that could be a problem. However, as long as that I can actually move around and can run as fast as I want, then I have no problem.

And about the PS2 version, not only that the graphics were terrible, have you all noticed the lack of animations, especially Sonic's head?
WiiPS2UnleashedSonicModelCompare.png

Yeeeah...

Anyway, this game took me five days to finished the game, and the following nine days to get S rank at all the day & night stages. I am, still however, collecting the rest of the missing items I have left out. All that I've got to say to Sonic fans about the night stages is that if you hate to move slow in Sonic games, DON'T buy this game. But all I know that I'm not the only one that think that this game is not a failure. Enough said.

RE4FAN said:
Well, you got me there, even though you spelled repetitive wrong, unless I'm mistaken. Most of the day time missions, I do have to run in the certain parts of the same level again, but I don't care about it that much, as long as I finish the mission.
Wow...The PS2 version sort of reminds me of sa2. Or Sonic heroes

Yes the Wii is better looking. o.0
In fact... The Wii is more favord over the ps2, ps3 and 360 for better animations. The wii's charachter animation is polygon based. Which makes the animation much more realistic. All the others are body-part based. Only the body parts of the charachter can move. Though the ps2 and 360 do have more than the ps2 though.

Autosaver said:
TrueTenguMan said:
mario master said:
Why is the Wii version considered the true Werehog game?

Handles better, combat is easier.

Add anything else to the list people...

Less annoying/tedious parts,camera is better.

By looking at videos of the 360 werehog, I think that the 360 one may be better. The Wii Werehog slides, which gets REALLY annoying in tight areas, and it looks like the 360 werehog doesn't slide. The combat in the Wii version may be easier, but it's kind of bland and boring. I think the 360 version has more moves and special abilities. The 360 version also has moves when you're close to a big enemy, such as when you pick the enemy up or swing around it. The main thing about the werehog that's annoying (and i'm not sure if this goes for the 360 version or not) is the hit detection. Every time I try to go for a flying enemy, it looks like i'm hitting it but, for some reason, i'm not. Also, "Less annoying/tedious parts"? That's a load of bull. I enter the stage. Fight. Move a few inches. Fight. Climb up two ledges. Fight. Go through a boring bit of platforming. Fight. I REALLY hate the fighting because 1) It happens every five seconds, 2) Because you can't skip through it, and 3) Because the battle theme starts. I'm listening to the level's music, then, all of a sudden, this damn battle theme ruins the little piece of enjoyment that i'm having with the level. God, it's so annoying...

Well, i'm done...

P.S.: Even if I hate the werhog sections, i've gotta admit, the camera really isn't that bad.

To tell you the truth, im a 360 unleashed guy. I have it on 360. Not boring, best combat is on there.More enimies,l lighting effects, faster, etc.

The main thing that annoys me with the Wiihog sections is that when you're using a GCN controller like I am, the running part is so easy to activate, I find myself running when I want to walk, which usually leads me running off of a cliff.

Of course, I don't know if this problem is present in the PS360 version or not.

mario master said:
Autosaver said:
TrueTenguMan said:
mario master said:
Why is the Wii version considered the true Werehog game?

Handles better, combat is easier.

Add anything else to the list people...

Less annoying/tedious parts,camera is better.

By looking at videos of the 360 werehog, I think that the 360 one may be better. The Wii Werehog slides, which gets REALLY annoying in tight areas, and it looks like the 360 werehog doesn't slide. The combat in the Wii version may be easier, but it's kind of bland and boring. I think the 360 version has more moves and special abilities. The 360 version also has moves when you're close to a big enemy, such as when you pick the enemy up or swing around it. The main thing about the werehog that's annoying (and i'm not sure if this goes for the 360 version or not) is the hit detection. Every time I try to go for a flying enemy, it looks like i'm hitting it but, for some reason, i'm not. Also, "Less annoying/tedious parts"? That's a load of bull. I enter the stage. Fight. Move a few inches. Fight. Climb up two ledges. Fight. Go through a boring bit of platforming. Fight. I REALLY hate the fighting because 1) It happens every five seconds, 2) Because you can't skip through it, and 3) Because the battle theme starts. I'm listening to the level's music, then, all of a sudden, this damn battle theme ruins the little piece of enjoyment that i'm having with the level. God, it's so annoying...

Well, i'm done...

P.S.: Even if I hate the werhog sections, i've gotta admit, the camera really isn't that bad.

He does slide in the PS2 version, and it makes floating platform sections like in Adabat a real pain.

Sonic Unleashed for the ps2 isn't so bad. it has a...well alot of things the others don't. But oh well...at least yah get some -Sonic- fun out of it.

Simsmagic said:
The main thing that annoys me with the Wiihog sections is that when you're using a GCN controller like I am, the running part is so easy to activate, I find myself running when I want to walk, which usually leads me running off of a cliff.

Of course, I don't know if this problem is present in the PS360 version or not.

I would use the wiimote/nunchuck combo. It isn't that hard to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back