Favorite Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
A glitch in SADX with fa- i mean tails

I know a glitch that involves the egg carrier:

Basically be Tails and go to the egg carrier ( after it fell in the ocean ), then go to where there is the Mystic ruins raft and fly near the stairs but not on them then you break out of the boundaries and can explore the entire egg carrier with out dying

In The Simpsons Hit and Run if you break out of bounds with horn jump sometimes you can see people in building if you honk and hit them they dissapear out of the buildings.lol

crazy escape said:
In S3&K if you go in to Debug mode right after you touch a special stage ring but before you warp, When you finish the special stage you turn into the Item that you had on debug mode.[spoiler:0d1624f6fa]

If you do the glitch above with a super box, then you would turn into box man, and you would grow legs when you hit a spring.[/spoiler:0d1624f6fa]

I've been box man, ring man, fireman, and so on.

Those sound like Megaman characters.
My favorite glitch thoughs is when you die randomly in SU. I am definitely sure it happened becuase I was stadning around in an area with no enemies and a few rings and I just died.

I always loved the Master Hand glitch in Smash Bros. Melee. It's fun surprising friends with a playable Master Hand.

The swimming glitches in the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy crack me up.

My favorite glitch has got to be the original MissingNo. glitch on Pokemon Red and Blue. I've actually read an article on it, and know exactly how it works. Too complicated to explain here, though. It helped me do all sorts of things, like get unlimited Master Balls and capture the two starter Pokemon I didn't choose in the wild.
Here's an easy explaination:
1: Go talk to the old coffee man in Viridian
2: Go to Cinnabar
3: Surf on the water tiles next to the island (make sure Cinnabar music is playing)
4: Place an item in the 6th Slot of your bag
5: Battle weird and tough pokemon (Pokemon from the last wild location. Ex: Safari Zone
6: Encounter missingno.
7: Catch it
8: Watch as that 6th item in your bag get a glitched number

As for me, my favorite glitch is Super Sonic in Sonic 2. This bugger can't even leave the screen without clipping though somewhere. Although Sonic 3 doesn't fix some of the glitches (Perfect Ex: Lava Reef) Super Sonic's Glitching is such a reward after beating Special stage 7. "Sonic Got All The Chaos Emeralds! Now you can break the game as SUPER SONIC!"

Here's an easy explaination:
1: Go talk to the old coffee man in Viridian
2: Go to Cinnabar
3: Surf on the water tiles next to the island (make sure Cinnabar music is playing)
4: Place an item in the 6th Slot of your bag
5: Battle weird and tough pokemon (Pokemon from the last wild location. Ex: Safari Zone
6: Encounter missingno.
7: Catch it
8: Watch as that 6th item in your bag get a glitched number

As for me, my favorite glitch is Super Sonic in Sonic 2. This bugger can't even leave the screen without clipping though somewhere. Although Sonic 3 doesn't fix some of the glitches (Perfect Ex: Lava Reef) Super Sonic's Glitching is such a reward after beating Special stage 7. "Sonic Got All The Chaos Emeralds! Now you can break the game as SUPER SONIC!"

I've never had any problems with super sonic, and quite frankly, I found Sonic 2's 5th and 6th special stages harder than the 7th.

Anyway, muh favorite glitch has to be the Hidden Palace level select glitch from some of the earliest of Sonic 2 roms. Not only was it cool seeing the concept of a scrapped zone, even if it was unplayable, but
seeing it turned into a full-on stage in the mobile port of Sonic 2 with a custom boss was even cooler. (BTW, to access it, get to MCZ2, and drop into the pit that used to have spikes at the bottom and was inescapable. If playing the Christian Whitehead port, the spikes will be removed and replaced with a pit, which will send you to Hidden Palace. 'Tis quite a fun Easter egg.

Last edited:
This is an old topic but I guess it doesn't matter.

I have a hard time picking a favorite glitch because I just love them. There's just something about making the game do something it's not supposed to do.

I guess the ones I've had the most fun with though are the ones in Rush 2, namely the floating car glitch that can let you pretty much fly, and the one where you can fall through the track and drive under it.

I also love the dash jump glitch in Metroid Prime since it lets you do things out of order.

An honorable mention is the frustratingly hilarious glitch in Star Fox 64 where your ship is supposed to turn and fly down the tunnel to fight Andross, but instead it starts flying in circles for all of eternity.

Jak 3

Into the room with the vehicles by the desert.

All the cars close togheter, anti gravity gun, time freeze

AND WATCH THEM SINK INTO THE GROUND

also choose the high jumping one (can't remember the name) and jump over any desert mountain. Or try to. and, TA-DA, you're free to move anywhere as long as you're out of the main path.

For some reason, my Android GBA emulator (iMyBoy) required a SD card to load/save states. So, I ysed it. Then, I opened Sonic Advance 2. I tried also SA1 and 3.
In all three Sonic Advances, all the levels were beaten, all the Emeralds were taken, and all secrets were unlocked (even Amy and Tiny Chao Garden in SA2). Even if I used another SA file. And there was no player data.
Curiously, that didn't happen with any other game only SA1, 2 & 3. That didn't happen in other emulator.
My favourite glitch. Ever.

That's actually not a glitch, it's the development team thinking ahead. In every one of the Sonic Advance games, if it detects that SRAM is dead (or missing), it automatically unlocks everything in the game. The reasoning is pretty simple; SRAM does not last forever, and some things would be impossible to access without SRAM data if not automatically unlocked.

(If you want a well-known example of a game lacking this forethought, see Mega Man: The Wily Wars -- Wily Tower was impossible to access on most emulators for a long time, due to similar reasons.)

Goldeneye 007 N64 ~ Geddan... ~
(if you don't get it... click)

Now seriously, that always makes me burst into laughter.

Also a glitch I found in SRB2 VANILLA!
Strafe when spinning (Strafe the direction you want to go). It acutally accelerates you!

In the old days, jumping diagonally into certain walls, especially slightly angled ones (80-85 degrees or so) in World of Warcraft would cause you to "land" in mid air along the wall, allowing you to repeat the action and scale walls to get to places you, and oftentimes absolutely nobody, have no business being. We called it wallhopping, and it was maybe half the reason I enjoyed WoW during my short time playing.

I remember back in 2012 when Minecraft for Xbox 360 was still cool and before Creative Mode, there was a duplication glitch that involved a dispenser. Hard to say how it was done since it's been two years since I've done it but when my friends and I were successful, it was fun...before they patched it when Creative Mode wasn't even out.

Tweaking in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl was pretty awesome. Basically, if you flail with your bike in a spot where the game loads up another chunk of the map, it will fail to load said chunk and you're left with a massive black hole where the chunk should've been. You can travel across it as if it were land, but if you enter a menu and leave it the chunk will reload. People would tweak to get into a house to enter the door from the inside and be allowed to travel the massive black void that surrounds indoor areas. From there they could travel to normally unaccessable locations, such as Flower Paradise, a location that requires Oak's Letter to get to and redeems the player with a Shaymin.

The only problem with doing the above is that since the game still considers you indoors, trying to fly to other places will result in failling to do so. Saving while within the black void basically fucks your entire save as you can't escape it unless you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back