Netgame problems -Possible game hijacking- Help needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, while I was hosting a multiplayer game, someone joined the server, and right at that moment when they joined, my game shut down and I had to reload it.

This repeated throughout every game I started, and after I was kicked out of my 3rd game, I'm starting to think it wasn't an accident or a glitch. I know this, for when I tried to start up my forth game, Someone joined the game, but was kicked.

I thought it was a normal consistency faliure at first, but what alarmed me was that I got this message:

(I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was one of these two)

"Node 6 has been kicked
Illegal kick from node 6 to node 0"
(or)
"Node 6 has been kicked (illegal action)
Illegal kick from Node 6 to Node 0"

I was beginning to think that this wasn't just a random person who was having problems with srb2 that had no one to tell him that something was wrong with his game. Oh no, I'm starting to believe that it was a targeted attack on my server which failed at that time.

However, it happened twice more after that incident happened, raising the total number of kicks I have received from this person to 6.

I want to know if there is a way to prevent 'node 0' from being hijacked by another person and booted from the game like that, or if there is a way to find out who tried to access the server last prior to the game crashing like that.

Any help is appreciated to help me with this crisis. I mean, SRB2 is a great time killer, and I'd hate to stop playing it because of some jerk who thinks it's a good idea to mess with a game, especially when the game that's playing currently is as epic as it's going to get.

Were you playing in CTF mode? AFAIK, CTF mode is the only thing that has an exploit like that.

Yeah, this has been happening to me too, and I play CTF quite often (I host). I know a possible reason, but not the reason you're talking about SSNTails. Please elaborate... It's been happening almost every time I host for the passed day or two.

You have to capture the flag or return the flag to base with a particular kind of username.

Oh. It's probably not that, then, because I've had the Green Sonic Syndrome (enough players join to fill all 32 spots in an instant, and then crash the game) and random netgame SigSev (without joining) happen a LOT, today. It's becoming a bit of an issue for me, because almost every time I host (at least when I advertise or announce it in #srb2fun), it shows what happens when a texture reverts to redwall because it's not found (control sectors and stuff), and then BAM, SigSev.

Great, just what I wanted to do, spend my three-day weekend hosting noob servers to lure a bomber and monitor the packets. Whoever finds this stuff, help would be a better use of your time, thanks.

It's not just in CTF

Any game I've hosted has been crashed because of this person.

Coop, Match, Tag, CTF, No matter what it starts out as, it ends with this guy kicking us out when we're at the most intense part of whatever game we're playing.

In the meantime, I would suggest choosing "NO" for "Advertise on Internet", and just IM your IP address to all your friends that you want to join.

Hmm....I've been seeing this a lot throughout these days.
Recently, someone joined a CTF netgame named "Supervirus". He stated: "you have been infected by the supervirus" several times in a row, and then we got a signal_handle error or something like that.

No one was named ;kick 0; either.

Ice said:
Recently, someone joined a CTF netgame named "Supervirus". He stated: "you have been infected by the supervirus" several times in a row, and then we got a signal_handle error or something like that.

SRB2 hates recieving so much commands. Which is how it's so easy to make the game crash. A bad connection can also cause the entire game to crash. SRB2 is quite unstable in those matters :/

Sik said:
Ice said:

SRB2 hates recieving so much commands. Which is how it's so easy to make the game crash. A bad connection can also cause the entire game to crash. SRB2 is quite unstable in those matters :/

Well, I've seen much more commands used in a row before this.

When one of the connections is poor (those that are likely to cause consistency failures normally), SRB2 becomes unstable as it has to send lots of command together by those connections. Then is when problems come.

Sik said:
When one of the connections is poor (those that are likely to cause consistency failures normally), SRB2 becomes unstable as it has to send lots of command together by those connections. Then is when problems come.

The server connection seemed pretty stable, no lag or consistency failures.

This type of thing happened to me. It was in match. Someone joined and then the server shutdown. It said my server was removed from the masterserver. It happened as soon as the other person joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back