• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

drt's endless sprite catastrophe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that the Snailer was a snail. I honestly never knew what it was. Probably just creepy wall face.

These sprites totally have to be in vanilla at one point or another.

Funny enough I too didn't know it was a snail. These sprites really tell that off, which means gets my approval.

Yeah, these are more than good enough, but the only part that bother me is the green section, where the shell. But, that's nothing enough for caring.

I've mistaken "snake" with "snail", so I always thought that it was supposed to be a snake until now. I feel like an idiot now...

Regardless, that is a very nice set of sprites, I also hope that this will be implemented into vanilla as this is clearly an improvement.
I especially liked how the sprite uses many different colours like red, green and yellow, I always felt that many of Srb2's badniks were to simple and not as appealing visually as the badniks of the classic Sonic games.

Are you planning to resprite any other enemies? Jetties in the 1.0x Crawla style feel pretty outdated already.

EDIT:
BitesizedGenerousBongo.gif

Be afraid.
Nice Arch-Vile you got there ;),we don't need this little crosshair to Avoid his attack,we already know how is he going to attack

Last edited:
The crosshair seems to replaces the flames the Archvile spawned in Doom to let you know you're being targeted by it. Without it, for example, if you couldn't see the Archvile but it could see you it wouldn't be very fair because you'd get hit without knowing what hit you.

Last edited:
The crosshair seems to replaces the flames the Archvile spawned in Doom to let you know you're being targeted by it. Without it, for example, if you couldn't see the Archvile but it could see you it wouldn't be very fair because you'd get hit without knowing what hit you.
It would be better if it's replaced by Archvile's flames .

Who cares; I think a crosshair makes more sense and I didn't exactly know what was happening when I first met the Archvile in Doom 2.

Who cares; I think a crosshair makes more sense and I didn't exactly know what was happening when I first met the Archvile in Doom 2.
From Doom-Wiki : that should make a sense
These monsters can take a considerably high amount of damage (700 hit points, the fourth highest in the game), and their attack consists of a unique ability to immolate their enemies in flames by raising their arms up, summoning fire upon the targeted foe, regardless of range (though they will not use their attack from more than 1024 map units away unless hurt). They then hunch over and clap their hands together, causing the fire to erupt, usually send the enemy flying into the air, while causing up to 90 points in damage. This attack will always hit the enemy as long as there is a line of sight between the arch-vile and the target, and can be avoided by getting out of the arch-vile's line of sight, which is usually relatively easy since it takes the arch-vile about three full seconds to do one attack, from when it first calls the fire to when it actually sends out the blast. The blast occurs near the end of the attack. The demon will continue to finish its attack even after the blast however it is safe to come out of cover at this time. If the doom guy moves out of the sight of arch-vile and comes back at the moment of the blast, he will get hurt. In fact the only time the doom guy needs cover is at the moment of blast. This can be useful in speed-running.

Of course I know what the flames mean NOW, but I'm saying to conveys nothing to the player. Even so, a crosshair still makes more sense.

The crosshair makes sense because it's a mechanic that vanilla SRB2 already uses, and as such the player can be expected to possibly already know what it means. Even if they don't, it's still a consistent way to show targeting that will train the player to know how to react to it in other situations. Plus, showing a crosshair is a lot easier to figure out than spewing flames, and good mechanics should always take priority over being faithful to the source material.

Honestly I planned on giving the archie a fiery-looking crosshair for both accuracy and clarity, but never got around to doing that.

Anyways...
PerfumedSpitefulAmericanrobin.gif

Nyoom

But there is no better music choice.

I agree with this so much, but maybe it'd be easier if we had the option to choose, like having two wads with this release, the only difference of the two wads being the music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back