lifesize metal keyblade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

Okay here's the thing for a while now I've had this desire to make (or have made) an exact lifesize metal keyblade replica but I need to how and I also need to what size each part of the keyblade will be, how long they will be (mainly the shaft or whatever), and how thick they will be so that way it will be an EXACT replica so do you think you guys can help me out please?

We may be a Sonic-centric forum, but a lot of KH nuts go here. Hell we had a Sora.wad in 1094, that should be enough reason to consider this a good place to ask.

Find a model of Sora somewhere and pretend he's your height. Then look at the Keyblade and look at that from all angles. You'll also need that chain on the handle. But how you'll be able to carve the metal, I have NO idea.

Ok, you like the keyblade, and plan to make a metal version of it, but what then? what are you suppoused to do with it? It´s not like you can cut much with a spherical blade.

Don´t get me wrong, I just don´t want y´a to end like my japanese friend right here:
sora.jpg

I remember Darkness Claw making a lifesize wooden one out of a broom. :/
You would be best asking him, but he doesn't really visit the MB anymore. So, yeah.

Ok, you like the keyblade, and plan to make a metal version of it, but what then? what are you suppoused to do with it? It´s not like you can cut much with a spherical blade.

Don´t get me wrong, I just don´t want y´a to end like my japanese friend right here:
sora.jpg
Dude! That is weird...but I HAD to show it to my ex-girlfriend. She's a HUGE KH and anime fan.

lifesize metal keyblade
You do realize how heavy something like that would be, correct? Even aluminum would be pretty heavy at that size, never mind a cheaper, more practical to obtain and work one. Also, actually forging something like that out of real metal would likely be rather prohibitively expensive. There is a reason people make these kinds of props out of piping and cardboard.

I haven't really played Kingdom Hearts much, but here are some references you can use.

Keyblade___Kingdom_Key_by_mogcaiz.jpg

Keyblade_by_4G0NY.jpg

Thinking_of_You_by_VandorWolf.jpg

CosPhotography__Sora_by_Risachantag.jpg

CosPhoto__Sora_Duel_Wielding_by_Risachantag.jpg

Riku_Sora___Limitless_by_NanjoKoji.jpg

Last edited:
Keyblades, eh? Well, I've got no idea on how to go about a metal one, but if you can settle for wood, then I may be able to help you. Here's a picture of the one I made years ago.

keyo.png

Hahaha, and you all thought I was dead, didn't you?

No one really dies in SRB2 Mb... They just go away for awhile... Or lurk :p

Anyway nice to see you again Darkness Claw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back