Touhou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the stop-motion video they were talking about in CNN... of all of the variations of the original video this one is probably the most clever.

Bad Apple!! (stop motion)

Some things to keep an eye out for is the glare that accentuates a couple of the scenes, the scene where it transitions Chen into Ran, into Tewi, into Reisen, the part where the background is sliced into four (undoubtedly the best part), and the end.

Also, the number of frames is scary. They photographed THOUSANDS of thumbnails, and they still had their own stylized takes on some of the transitions.

I got the story in my Doujincore Feed. At first I thought it was pretty funny, but then I remembered that big news outlets usually don't know what they're talking about anyway.

Well, I just beat Nue. That was the last Windows Extra boss I had left. I guess now I'll have to aim at the PC-98 Extra bosses.

Oh man, this is awesome. Sure I'm going to have to wait until I know who the they all are, but I'm so excited to see ZUN coming back to the StB formula. Also, Hylian ears almost look good on Aya... but I thought that Tengus were more into the Gerudo nose.

Man, too many awesome games coming out this year. Stop being awesome, please... :(

Double Spoiler has been out for a few days, and it's insanely awesome. You can switch camera orientation from horizontal to vertical now (which majorly helps with the hard levels), and there's a new character to play as. It's gotten harder now, because not only do you need the required amount of photos, but you need to break a minimum round high-score, or Aya will insist you try again.

Last edited:
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5967/lls.png

My first Touhou game, and the first game I 1cc'd. I've been working pretty hard for this one, even if it is the easiest in the series.

I got torrents of 11,12,6,8, and Touhou Rekkadan. :3

EDIT: I couldent find downloads, plus im sure the download website COULD'VE been a virus.

Last edited:
Just got Touhou 12.8 - 妖精大戦争 ~ 東方三月精
Yousei Daisensou ~ Touhou Sangessei (Great Fairy Wars ~ Eastern Three Fairies)
Fairy Wars

1281.png

The only available player is Cirno, but that's okay since she is the strongest after all. This is the only time in any of ZUN's danmaku where he did not draw the character portraits. Even so, I find Fairy Wars to be a great deal of fun, and ZUN's really done something great with this. With each difficulty, there are four routes to take, A,B,C and EX. (Yes, even easy has an EX!) Each route is 3 stages long. Routes A, B, and C must be completed 1CC (1 Credit Clear) in order to unlock the EXtra Stage. The Extra stage has a fixed difficulty, regardless of whether you beat Routes ABC on Easy, Normal, Hard, or Lunatic (*Thanks to ZeldaGamer00 for the heads up :P)

1282.png

Fairy wars has a massive amount of bullets compared to some of the previous Touhou games.
KEY **NOTE: I translated this myself...so it might not be a perfect translation. *shot*
----
やる気 = Stamina (lives)
こおりパワー - Ice Power
パーフィクトフリーズ - Perfect Freeze (bombs)

1283.png

However, Cirno's baka perfect freezing powers are here to save the day! Cirno's ice power is used similarly to Aya's camera in Shoot the Bullet, but instead of taking a picture, it lays a block of ice. If any bullets come into contact with the ice, it will chain freeze all bullets that come in contact. The frozen bullets can be used as a shield and hurt the enemy. Freezing bullets will also gain you percentage for bombs/lives and leveling up :P Bombs in this game are called Perfect Freeze.

1284.png

For all the Touhou fans out there, this is a must get!

1285.png

I almost forgot! The game comes with an in-game manual!
Number 9 reads: よくわかんあい - I don't understand very well
BAKA BAKA~

If you press it there's lots more text, but my Japanese isn't good enough to translate it yet...sorry ( ̄□ ̄;)
---------
I am currently on easy EX...can't beat it xD

Last edited:
I like how she doesn't write 分かんない with the kanji, because she's just THAT much of a ⑨.

I was sort of waiting for someone to bump this so I could post this.

The extra boss is pretty tough in this one.

562363.png

I like how all of IRC is used to throwing this around and I have no idea what the fuck it's supposed to mean.

Cirno is the main character of the newly released game, Great fairy wars. In Phantasmagoria of flower view's instruction manual, she is referred to as "9: Baka", which means idiot/fool/stupid. ⑨ is now used as a synonym for idiot in some circles.

pofvlayout.jpg

Last edited:
I like how she doesn't write 分かんない with the kanji, because she's just THAT much of a ⑨.

LOL! Nice catch! Didn't notice that xD!

I was sort of waiting for someone to bump this so I could post this.

The extra boss is pretty tough in this one.

562363.png

It's pretty strange...I was taking Easy Route C2, and then when I beat it I got to this screen and the replay was saved as route EX. But it definitely was not...guess it's a bug? Haven't been able to beat the true EX yet.

Last edited:
1282.png

It's worth noting that the red text on the EX stage part of the Stage Select wheel translates to "fixed difficulty". There is no Easy EX Stage.

1282.png

It's worth noting that the red text on the EX stage part of the Stage Select wheel translates to "fixed difficulty". There is no Easy EX Stage.

Ah, thanks for the heads up, I'll fix that my description in the earlier post. Well...that explains why I can't be the extra stage...xD

Well then, time for a massive bump of this thread as the demo for Touhou 13, 東方神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires, is out after the delay caused by the earthquake. Download link: http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/html/th13dl.html

I really, really like the gimmick on the second boss. Playable Youmu is really quite creative as well.

I recently discovered this series myself, actually.
And since I'm obsessed with doing everything in chronological order, I'm playing the Pc-98 ones first.

So far I've beaten the first three games completely (no continues used on Normal and extra stage in #2 beaten.)
I'm working on #4 now, but it's really much more difficult then the previous ones IMO.

So anyway... can that demo of Touhou 13 confirm or disprove the rumors that Mima might be returning?

Because so few characters have resurfaced from PC98 and ZUN's outright said that he doesn't want to bring back any more PC98 characters, its unlikely Mima will return. However, this game hints very strongly at a character returning and its extremely hard NOT to speculate that this is the long awaited return or Mima.

I also like the second boss's gimmick, the third boss's last spell is also very interesting. Youmu, Marisa, and Sanae are really fun to play, as usual I find Reimu less than spectacular but she seems to be a good shot type. Trance mode is very interesting, he's even gone as far to change the music for when the player enters into the spirit world.

The best part is that he's brought back the pre-MoF continue system. Continuing no longer knocks you back to the beginning of the stage and you're back to three credits. On the other hand it is extremely difficult to get another life, so you have to make do with three lives. The game's difficulty is quite a bit lighter than SA and UFO, but unless you're playing easy, its not that bad.

Lately, I've been loving the Touhou series. However, despite the fact I like the series so much, I'm terrible at it..
I'm good at the fighters.. just not the bullet hells. I need to work on getting better. Currently, I play a lot of Touhou 12.3, but I play a little bit of Shoot the Bullet when I feel up to it. Currently on 7-3, fighting Sakuya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back