Texture Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

InuYasha

I was just wondering what texture filter of Open GL is the best? Right now mine is set to Blinere or however you say it.

oh my god NO THEY DONT!

Bilinear is more pixelated at distances,
While Trilinear looks more realistic

You can't ask which is "Better". It's all opinionated. Some people like the normal pixelated look of Bilinear, while others like the nice, filtered look of Trilinear. I personally like Trilinear, it gets rid of terrible moire patterns that you get in Mario Koopa Blast.

I'd play Trilinear more, but my stupid graphics card draws light reflections in the distance. It's annoying. :(

Didja try changing drivers? Mine used to do that until I messed with some stuff.

How can I make Trilinear the default? Every time I start SRB2 I have to go to options and keep changing it to Trilinear.

Dark Warrior, it depends on what card vendor you have. Typically, using your card vendor's latest drivers will solve problems. Unless you're with nVidia, who likes to break Half-Life 2 and World of Warcraft all the time. D:

Same with Shadow Hog. While it may reintroduce a bit of moire on distant walls like in Mario Koopa Blast, it's greatly reduced, and textures look a lot less blurry from steep angles and long distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back