• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Character making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizoran

Okay, after reading hotdog003's wiki article about Character WAD making, i downloaded XWE.. but i cant even start the stupid thing.

xwewuttuff1fa.png

What do i do for that?

secondly.. assuming some nice person here will help me get XWE working, would anybody be able to provide me with a palette for the needed views for me to edit around to make a Lizoran character? (Yes, i know certain parts will be hard to make, but ill stick it out til i get it right)

I pretty much need both Sonic and Knuckles standing pose (behind view) and Sonics other standing views.. Sonics jump view, and knuckles' glide view (to be edited and converted into flapping wings for flying upwards)

the reason im asking for these is because i dont know what size they need to be made. However, if its easier, just let me know how/if they can be found once i have XWE working.

Thanks to anybody that can help with this. I much appreciate it.

Lizoran

EDIT: okay, wait, doesnt matter, fixed =)

Just wait for SSN to get here.

Not for modding or anything, though, so he can say his catchphrase. HA! LOOPHOLE!

Mystic said:
Alrighty, this has become a sort of plague recently, so I'm going to address it. I'm going to revise the rules soon, and this WILL become a rule, so make note:

If you are not a moderator, don't act like you are. This means don't do the following:

1. Say "Lock" or anything to that effect if you can't actually lock the topic. It started out kinda amusing, but it's no longer amusing. If a topic is outright stupid and needs to be locked, ignore it and move on to the next topic.
2. Say something along the lines of "Just wait until Mystic/other admin gets here." Considering by the time I read the topic I AM there, it's kinda idiotic to see that there, not to mention see it on the topic 2 months later.

That's not to say you can't be productive in telling newbies what to do. The following statements are perfectly acceptable:

"You might want to fix your avatar. It's over the limit, and an admin will take it away from you if they see it."
"Please use proper English. We don't type like we're on AIM here."

In general, don't be a dick. Just because you're on the internet doesn't give you an excuse to beat up on those not as well-versed in the ways of the forum. I know flaming and other such activities are entertaining, but they're highly disruptive to the forum and need to stop. I am not afraid to ban a long-time member to make a point.

Yeah, I like big text. Just don't say: Wait for SSNtails to come here to say his catchprase, cause I don't like his catchprase.

lol @ Super Mystic Sonic. nice LARGE text ^.^

and no, i dont need the sprites anymore.. so far ive got 3 out of 5 standing poses done for Lizoran, its lookin pretty good so far ^.^ thanks for offerin the help though. i appreciate it.

Lizoran said:
lol @ Super Mystic Sonic. nice LARGE text ^.^

and no, i dont need the sprites anymore.. so far ive got 3 out of 5 standing poses done for Lizoran, its lookin pretty good so far ^.^ thanks for offerin the help though. i appreciate it.

Yup, be sure to add shading though. I said SMS never should have shading, but it seemed it looked much better with shading and lighting effects!

What Mystic meant by that rule is that you shouldn't backseat moderate, I doubt he cares about something like what Shadow Hog said. It was meant as a joke, anyway.

Super mystic sonic said:
Don't say: wait for SSNtails to come here!
You utterly fail. It was a joke referencing the fact that SSNTails hates XWE and is rather vocal about it. That wasn't backseat moderation. However, posting a gigantic quote of an administrator's text IS backseat moderation, so really, you're guilty of the thing you're accusing an innocent person of doing. Honestly, if you can't behave on the forums, we're going to have to ban you. It's just not amusing for you to disrupt a perfectly good topic like this, and I've had enough of it.

Mystic said:
You utterly fail. It was a joke referencing the fact that SSNTails hates XWE and is rather vocal about it. That wasn't backseat moderation. However, posting a gigantic quote of an administrator's text IS backseat moderation, so really, you're guilty of the thing you're accusing an innocent person of doing. Honestly, if you can't behave on the forums, we're going to have to ban you. It's just not amusing for you to disrupt a perfectly good topic like this, and I've had enough of it.

Yes, but that catchprase is anajoying in some ways. It wasn't to blame Shadowhog

Lizoran said:
secondly.. assuming some nice person here will help me get XWE working, would anybody be able to provide me with a palette for the needed views for me to edit around to make a Lizoran character? (Yes, i know certain parts will be hard to make, but ill stick it out til i get it right)

pallette.png

I import this into paint, along with my sprites, and use the color select tool.

Remember, Cyan is used as the transparent color.

Dark Warrior said:
Lizoran said:

pallette.png

I import this into paint, along with my sprites, and use the color select tool.

Remember, Cyan is used as the transparent color.

I gathered.

Nice colour palette, but i already have the Lizoran colours worked out.
colourpalette1iz.png

But, i have a full colour spectrum right here.. although sometimes its hard to distinguish between different colours. each colour is a 5px by 5px square =D

spectrum6ww.png

Sorry, you can't just use any old colors you want. You'll have to stick to the limitations of the palette. Either that or make a palette edit in the WAD, which will, in turn, mess up the colors of other objects.

FoxBlitzz said:
Sorry, you can't just use any old colors you want. You'll have to stick to the limitations of the palette. Either that or make a palette edit in the WAD, which will, in turn, mess up the colors of other objects.

{insert very very VERY long line of swearwords and curse phrases in here}

Okay, here is my updated colour palette:

colourpalette5cb.png

Can someone check through those colours and let me know if itl screw the game around or not?

@Dark Warrior: Are all those colours you posted there accepted into the game? Cuz if it turns out my colours will screw up, i ask for permission to use yours =)

Ain't mine.
They're taken from a shot in XWE.

So, naturally, they all work, and you're free to use, because, again, they ain't mine.

Edit: More organized. :)
pallette2.png

{once again, insert long line of swearwords and curse phrases}

that jephardises the Lizoran models itself.. i cant even get CLOSE to the right skin colour on that =(

are they the ONLY allowed colours?

Yeah, Doom's palette doesn't have any turquoise at all. Primary and secondary colors only, pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back