MikuMotionCapture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just disregard that this is VOCALOID for 2 seconds, and be reminded that ANY model can be made into an MMD model.
MikuMikuDance is a completely free 3D animator program. recently, some awesome dude made a plugin for this, where you hook up the kinect to your computer and create bone files for this program. Basically, not counting the kinect, completely free motion capture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQREhd9iT38

http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index_e.htm
Download "DxOpenNI" and "MMD (DirectX9 Ver) version 7.24"

I haven't tried it yet due to pure laziness, but if you guys make anything, tell me how it works out~

Oh god. I'd rather not use my Kinect to dance as Miku. Dx

Edit: Yes, I know it isn't just Vocaloid characters, but goddamnit I don't really want to act at ALL.

Waitwaitwait, ANY model? So I could stick Sonic and Amigo in there and make 'em dance to my control? ...Hee hee hee...

Yes. Yes you can~ There are model conversion tutorials on youtube.
And it's not necessarily just for dancing per say. People use MikuMikuDance for completely animated shows. So this really is just a cheap way of motion capture. I dunno if you can export bones, but if so, then it'd be a great way of making character animations for games.

Last edited:
So if I wanted, I could make a Sonic Webshow where actual people do the motions? Awesome idea!

EDIT: Wait, is it free...?

MikuMikuDance, MikuMotionCapture and the Sonic model are free, but obviously, the Kinect is not.

Go to the Website to download what's said in the first post.
Find some tutorials on how MMD works so you can record something and export it as an AVI file or something.

And here's the BEST Sonic model we have so far. I might try to convert another some time.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jmoy2mjtlla

This is the ONLY time I have EVER considered getting a 360 and Kinect. This is just THAT awesome!

I'm kind of doubting it. For this program, I'm not really sure you'd need multiple kinects. 8P

...And of course, first time trying this, I run into trouble. After getting passed the whole ordeal of trying to install OpenNI+SensorKinect, I get an error in MMD that says "g_UserGenerator.Create failed: Can't create any node of the requested type!" Anyone try this and get it to work?

Last edited:
You really don't need multiple Kinects. I tried this out this morning after getting my Kinect (have yet to plug it into a console, lack of energy thanks to some sort of flu type bug has left me too drained for active gaming).

It's pretty neat actually, I had my sister and dad try to MoCap for me, my sister was wearing stuff that was too baggy at the time though so it didn't detect her skeleton very well. It's rather funny to see my dad (large in the stomach area) MoCap for a skinny blue haired girl though.

@CF1: You need to edit the SampleConfig file and give it the license line from your NITE config. The one with vendor="PrimeSense" or whatever in it. Then load it up again and it should work fine.

What I'd like to know is if this will work with multiple people, I've only had a chance to try it with one, but if you have 2 people on screen the sensor is picking one up as red and one up as green, so I guess it could be possible.

That's weird, I wouldn't think that you would be able to get usable mo-cap from two cameras and the depth sensor.

On the contrary, the MMD demos were all done using a single Kinect.
Discovered it even knew when we turned round, this is going to be a fun present.

Sheesh, ever since that video was posted, there's MMD-Kinect videos all over now. I remember seeing videos of it being tested about a month ago, but I guess it's finally perfected.

... Sort of.

No, you cannot. You need to get both a 360 and a Kinect.

Wrong, for connecting it to your PC you don't need a 360 at all. You just need to mess around with some drivers. The first thing I did was plug it into my PC, no 360 required.

My friend is bringing his 360 and Kinect over this Saturday, so I'm gonna install this on my comp so we can try it.
I probably WOULD post a video if I end up recording one, but...
i cant dance :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back