Connection issue (Mac Port)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Aura

So I recently decided to get back into Robo Blast, considering my school year is coming to a close, but I seem to be running into some issues with the multiplayer. Every time I attempt to join a server, the following message arises:

Critical Error

SOCK_Send, error sending to node 5 (75.72.158.78.5029) #22: Invalid argument

As I said, I've played Robo blast before, but this was never an issue before. Granted, it's been awhile, and maybe it's my own computer, but nonetheless...

Now I know this issue is anything but uncommon, so I tried doing some research. Several suggested that I restart the computer, which I have. Others suggested several different programs but... I have the esteemed 'honor' of having a Mac. So I can't run EXE files. Ugh...

So does anyone have any ideas? I'd be very grateful for the help.

If there was a way for me to get the assets to do so, I would do it in a heartbeat. But to my knowledge, programs like that cost money, and while I'm trying my best to find a way to do so, It's just not an option for me at this point in time.

WINE for OS X? Parallels?

Parallels cost money, which I don't have enough of atm.

I suppose Wine is an option, if not a very complicated one. But will having the windows version really make a difference in terms of my connection to the server?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post, but...

Thanks for the advice on WINE. I got the game working, and netgames are working as well. Not only that, but I can FINALLY run it on full screen. Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back