consistency failure host game

Status
Not open for further replies.

supaspeed

hi, i download the new version of srb2 2.0.6
my problem is i can't host game!!
when i host game i have kick consistency failure...
i need help here, why i have consistency failure when i host game?!?!?
thank who will help me!!

I have the same problem as you. Any multiplayer level puts me under the nose this message.
The only way for the launch that I found is to open the multiplayer level with SRB2 Doom Builder, in zones.dta. There he works. But since srb2win.exe is not possible, I think.

Sure.
So , I say I have the same problem (same message).
My only technique to launch the multiplayer is this :
It exist a software called SRB2 Doom Builder. It's software that allows programmers to create their levels. Me, I use this function. But with this software, I can also launch Multiplayers levels.
But it's a bit long to explain.
First, if you want to use my technique to launch them, you must download SRB2 Doom Builder. You can download here : http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-setup-r27.exe

Then you install it and you configure it to use the game mode (textures, game, etc. ...) of SRB2. The setup is complex, you should read this tutorial configuration: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2_Doom_Builder_Tutorial_-_Chapter_1:_Getting_Started

Once configured, open with SRB2 Doom Builder the file zones.dta in your SRB2 folder.
You'll see files named "MAP01, MAP02, MAP03, etc. ..."
Normally, Multiplayers are near the end, nearly 100 (MAP90, MAP78, MAP96, etc.). You select a map, and you click the green arrow at the top of the software ("Test Map") , then OK. Normally, the level should jump.

Otherwise, since srb2win.exe, I do not know how.

I hope it helped thee.

but i dont understand one think.its worked before in version 2.0.4 and one day i wasent able to join other netgame with my friend (i was able to host a game but when my friend joined he as been kicked and when i tryed to join hes game it didnt respond to the ip).i fought that downloading the new version 2.0.6 will solve the problem but now i cant host! (consistency failure)

now i know what the problem consistency failure when i host!
the ip of the internet is not good because its other ip and not you're ip!!!try to fix you're ip and good luck to myself

damn its not work....
someone the hell can help me please???

Last edited:
Do you have coloured text in autoexec.cfg? If so, then delete the colour text in autoexec.cfg then it should work.

If I understand correctly, you get a consistency failure from your own server when you host, is that correct? Do you have an autoexec in your SRB2 folder?
If so, then it probably has some symbols in it. Just open autoexec in Notepad and delete the symbols, then save autoexec.

Edit:
autoexec.png

Last edited:
Adding on to Pokechar's post, not all autoexec.cfg files look like that. Usually, they just have the normal placeholder icon, with the name "autoexec.cfg". If you don't know what autoexec.cfg is, chances are that's not the problem.

i dont have autoexec.cfg
the problem is: i cant host game or join...
anybody have idea what to do?
that so funny cuz srb2 2.0.4 and 2.0.6 have the same problem.
its worked before in version 2.0.4 and now its not work on any version!

Last edited:
I'm so bored that I'm going to correct this guy's posts
Hi, I downloaded SRB2 version 2.0.6.
My problem is I can't host games!
When I host a game I am kicked due to consistency failure...
I need help here, why do I have c-fail when I host a game?
Thanks, whoever helps me!

What? Can you explain that?

But I don't understand one thing. It worked before in version 2.0.4 and one day I wasn't able to join other netgames with my friend (I was able to host a game but when my friend joined he was been kicked and when I tried to join his game it didn't respond to the ip). I thought that downloading the new version of SRB2 would solve the problem, but now I can't host! (consistency failure)

What do you mean, restart the game? How do I do it?

Now I know what the problem is: consistency failure when I host!
The ip of the internet is not good because it is someone else's ip and not my ip! Try to fix your ip and good luck to myself!
Damn, it's not working....
Can someone help me please?

Pokechar2, can you explain that? What is autoexec.cfg and how I can delete it?

I don't have autoexec.cfg
The problem is: I can't host a game or join a game...
Does anybody have an idea about what to do?
This is so funny because 2.0.4 and 2.0.6 have the same problem.
It worked before in version 2.0.4 and now its not working in any version!
okay I fixed your posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back