Why i don´t create servers for srb2 v2.1.16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viniXD

still can not create servers for SRB2 2.1.16? or need some file to do this?

it does not appear to me the menu to create servers that would be the menu HOST.

I take it you're using srb2dd.exe, right?

The 2.1.16 release news post said:
There is one very important thing we need to state up front – in order to make the online SRB2 experience more stable and reduce the number of desynchronisations that may occur, we have decided to make the difficult decision of disabling netgame capabilities in Direct Draw (srb2dd.exe) builds. It will be a long road, but this first consolidating step will help us understand and potentially solve the problems with the netcode.

In other words srb2dd.exe no longer has netplay.

is there a way i can put it back in for a private copy? my sis's windows XP laptop only supports DirectDraw (don't get me started on why, though)

That would go against the entire point of removing Direct Draw's netplay because accessing servers using that executable will very likely cause unwanted desyncs. That's why we've disabled this. I'm sorry your sister's laptop can only run DD, but this won't help.

oh well... might as well find a way to either get a new laptop for her or upgrade the old one's specs (strangely enough, srb2win on my old windows xp computer worked just fine :\ )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back