Isolated Case Addfile/TEXTURES parsing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

If you load a wad file with a custom TEXTURES lump, enter/reload any map, then attempt to use ADDFILE to add any other wad file, the game will crash with the error:

I_Error(): Error parsing TEXTURES lump: Expected "WALLTEXTURE", got "patch"

This error will occur regardless whether or not the second wad file has a TEXTURES lump, and will not occur if all the wads are added before ever entering a map.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you load a wad file with a custom TEXTURES lump, enter/reload any map, then attempt to use ADDFILE to add any other wad file, the game will crash with the error:

This error will occur regardless whether or not the second wad file has a TEXTURES lump, and will not occur if all the wads are added before ever entering a map.

Don't you just love the "new" texture system. You may be aware that they did implement a new texture system (I had to work with it at the start of 2.1, because funny joke wad is funny). I personally had this problem later on in 2.1, see scr_shadowcastle, but I don't really know what conditions set it off.

Tried to reproduce using b_schoolhouse.wad (Yes, that's for thokker, but it has a TEXTURES lump so hush), loaded into the map in question, and tried adding some wads - some with levels, some without. Nothing happened.

Did you use a specific wad in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back