• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

I just hope there will be bots for single player this time around.

I don't care if they are stupidity incarnate, but driving around an empty track because I live too far away from everybody else to even think about netplaying gets really old really fast.

I just hope there will be bots for single player this time around.

I don't care if they are stupidity incarnate, but driving around an empty track because I live too far away from everybody else to even think about netplaying gets really old really fast.

We really need this. No one ever plays SRB2Kart when I'm online.

I just hope that the drifting mechanics remain the same or are at least similar to the Mario Kart games, activated with a button separate from either the Accelerate or Brake buttons.

Because I don't want SRB2Kart to be like Konami Krazy Racers on the GBA, which had no drifting system at all.

It will have drifting. Why wouldn't it?

Just want to let everyone know that you're free to ask as many questions about SRB2Kart as you want. However, our focus is 100% Top Down until demo release, so don't expect very detailed answers to any of your questions unless it's about the latest update post or Top Down itself.

Will the "TD" version of wads still need to be made? Or is there a way to automatically fix it for topdown's hardcoding?

EDIT: If this were possible, would it require automatically messing with the player's nornalspeed to equal the non-broken normalspeed of top down?

Sonic's normalspeed = 36*FRACUNITS
Topdown's Hardcoding = FRACUNITS/2

36/2 = 18

Sonic's Topdown normalspeed = 18*FRACUNIT

Last edited:
Will the "TD" version of wads still need to be made? Or is there a way to automatically fix it for topdown's hardcoding?

EDIT: If this were possible, would it require automatically messing with the player's nornalspeed to equal the non-broken normalspeed of top down?

Sonic's normalspeed = 36*FRACUNITS
Topdown's Hardcoding = FRACUNITS/2

36/2 = 18

Sonic's Topdown normalspeed = 18*FRACUNIT

Neither of these are likely to happen. Automatic stat adjustment has been considered but there's too many factors in play here, and halving all of them just wouldn't work. Another issue to keep in mind is that any stat adjustment done with Lua would break the character entirely.

While TD versions of WADs likely aren't going to happen, what WAD creators could do is enforce stat changes only in TD mode via Lua, though this would be entirely up to the creator to implement.

Progress has begun to pick up steam again as Mainframe Metropolis continues to receive revamps to help it stand out among the other zones. The most major of these changes being the two new enemies:

-Pinball Turrets

-Calling Heavens Righteousness Onto Malicious Entities (C.H.R.O.M.E)

Thanks to Sryder, we have a video to show you both enemies in action, as well as showcasing Mainframe Metropolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_mvfILREo&feature=youtu.be

Couple things to note:

-Shadows aren't projected onto Polyobjects yet, we're (Sryder) working on that.

-Enemy placement is just a rough test, I'll be altering it later.

-Pinball Turrets and CHROMEs currently use Pop-up turrets and BASHes as placeholder sprites respectively.

I know those enemy placements are just rough tests and all... but dayum... Talk about letting the bodies hit the floor.

I know Kart isn't a concern at the moment... But for future reference, how many frames will each karter have? I know there are more frames made for the drifting mechanic and turning... And more.. But again, how many frames will each character have?

Our last private update on kart had the players having 27 frames (with directions.)
1 Idle frame (plus turning left/right versions so 3 total)
2 Slow moving frames (plus turning left/right versions so 6 total)
2 Fast moving frames (plus turning left/right versions so 6 total)
2 Drift Left frames
2 Drift Right frames
and 8 Spin-out frames

Coming from the MD2 modeler for kart, that definitely sounds like a lot. And with a cast of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Jet, Wave, Blaze, Eggman, Shadow, Rouge, etc. That's a lot of work to do sprite wise.... But as far as Kart Mechanics... Is it finished? Are all the karting physics implemented like they should be? Or was there no progress due to TopDown?

Well, there has certainly been progress since the last public releases. New mechanics are made but nothing is decided final as of yet. And yes, TD has slowed kart's production, but has not stopped some of our devote mappers and *cough* modelers.

Some positive news! Once TD's demo is FINALLY out kart production will most likely sky-rocket! Kart is just a much more of a constant-team-involved effort than TD due to all the testing and resources coming together at once, so the Krew finds it much easier to work on consistently.

Last edited:
I'm loving how this mod is doing right now with development. It is going to be really popular after release. I wonder if the netcode will be able to handle this mod.

Last edited:
Not trying to steal TD's code, but how do you get the camera to follow everyone at once? (I don't want the camera to be TD)

IIRC the jist of it is to get the camera to focus on an calculated average of every current player's positioning.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back