SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 01-16-2016   #5001
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Don't you guys think that DCZ3 Boss is harder than the Final boss ?
Old 01-16-2016   #5002
Unknownlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Don't you guys think that DCZ3 Boss is harder than the Final boss ?
...No?

Do you know how to differentiate the real Eggman from the fakes?

(I'm, of course, assuming that you mean DSZ3, not the non-existent third act of Dark City Zone.)

Last edited by Unknownlight; 01-16-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #5003
Mazefire3609
The stand user of SRB2 MB

There is...Two suggestions that I find minor, so...

1. SRB2 should have different language features for console, menu, and text besides only English (Spanish, Itallian, portuguese, arabic, french, Japanese, korean, chinese, etc.). Especially a translator for someone elses' text so any player can know what one is saying (Mostly if they don't know any other languages).

2. In NiGHTS mode, can there be trick rings and Super Sonic being able to perform tricks by any key that would be the trick button? It may be because of the higher chances of adding additional score each time you perform tricks with the trick ring (Even with small, medium, big loop), but it's for easier control on Sonic because steering Super Sonic in NiGHTS mode is kinda harder than the original NiGHTS (Yeah I'm not used to Super Sonic's steering like I used to).
Old 01-17-2016   #5004
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazefire3609 View Post
1. SRB2 should have different language features for console, menu, and text besides only English (Spanish, Itallian, portuguese, arabic, french, Japanese, korean, chinese, etc.). Especially a translator for someone elses' text so any player can know what one is saying (Mostly if they don't know any other languages).
I Agree with this, at least some kind of feature which analyses custom translation files "like a .txt for instance" to allow the users to Manually translate them by themselves would be really helpful .
Old 01-17-2016   #5005
fickleheart
gender collector

SRB2 has some amount of support for translating game text, but I have no clue how complete it is or whether it works at all. It's hooked into a fair number of places in the code, so someone interested could look into the code and try to get translations going. Our ability to translate would be limited, though; between the dev team we might have people who could do one or two languages, but aside from that it'd be a community thing.

Translating other players' chat messages, on the other hand, is not feasible. I mean, unless you're asking us to feed everything sent through chat to Google Translate, which would be among the worst ideas I've ever pulled out of my ass.
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #5006
AlamGBC
WOO! GO ME! YAHOO!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEnchilada View Post
SRB2 has some amount of support for translating game text, but I have no clue how complete it is or whether it works at all. It's hooked into a fair number of places in the code, so someone interested could look into the code and try to get translations going. Our ability to translate would be limited, though; between the dev team we might have people who could do one or two languages, but aside from that it'd be a community thing.

Translating other players' chat messages, on the other hand, is not feasible. I mean, unless you're asking us to feed everything sent through chat to Google Translate, which would be among the worst ideas I've ever pulled out of my ass.
Yea, SRB2 can be compiled with GNU GetText to allow us to replace in-game strings (not player strings)

We just need a team to translate said text...

3DS FC: 0473-7778-0919
AlamGBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #5007
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Is there a need to translate chat messages anyway ? only other things like console log,Menu,Obtuaries ... etc are enough .
Old 01-18-2016   #5008
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

How about adding this feature ?
Old 01-23-2016   #5009
frozenLake

Alright, I figure these suggestions may be covered with people telling me to "git gud", but I figure these might aid in balancing things.
  • Remove the gigantic knockback from being hit by a rail ring.
  • Prevent dropped items from being picked up during the period of time that the player can't pick them up themselves.
The first is because as it travels instantly, all the rail ring manages to do is cause death after death as the enemy is shot out of the air and into a death pit. All it does is make it so you can't recover from attacks you can't even see coming. Plus, it is something that is highly exploitable by aimbots, on the scale of making me wonder if the Rail Ring should be removed outright. Maybe make it so the rail ring knocks rings and items away from the target, without causing knockback.

The second prevents the overused tactic of players rushing at an opponent and hitting them with a ring, causing them to pick up every single dropped item as they hit the opponent right at the same time as the ring, preventing the possibility of recovery.

EDIT: Another potential change that could be made to the Rail Ring, is that instead of being a hitscan weapon, it could instead be a projectile that travels at thok speed. With the lack of knockback idea, it could subtract something like 20 rings at a time, but to make up for that, damage through invincibility power ups.

Last edited by frozenLake; 01-23-2016 at 11:45 PM.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016   #5010
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomekop View Post
Another potential change that could be made to the Rail Ring, is that instead of being a hitscan weapon, it could instead be a projectile that travels at thok speed. With the lack of knockback idea, it could subtract something like 20 rings at a time, but to make up for that, damage through invincibility power ups.
Rail is the only weapon in the game that DOESN'T fly at thok speed. Making Rail fly at thok speed would make it equivalent to red rings.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016   #5011
frozenLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Rail is the only weapon in the game that DOESN'T fly at thok speed. Making Rail fly at thok speed would make it equivalent to red rings.
Ah, woops. I thought red rings moved slower than that.

But unless there are physics concerns, maybe it could move at four times thok speed or something crazy fast, but not instant.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016   #5012
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Railrings are very strong in my opinion, they should be timed (like they were in 1.09.4) .
Old 01-24-2016   #5013
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Railrings are very strong in my opinion, they should be timed (like they were in 1.09.4) .
As an excessive user of rails, i agree that they are very strong. i would suggest a hold down feature for rails, so you would have to hold down the fire button for , idk, 3 or so seconds to it fire.

Or like a Bow and arrow sort of deal, you would need time to pull back the arrow for it to travel further
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016   #5014
SeventhSentinel
SRB2Kart PR Guy
Developer

From my post in the Rate the Official Levels thread:

Quote:
I don't suppose a Super Sonic-exclusive level is in the works, is it? I feel it would be a great way to reward players who did indeed find all those Chaos Emeralds, as well as being a nice throwback to Sonic & Knuckles. In fact, if the NiGHTS code was modified, you could do a whole battle inspired by S&K. Also, can we have an ending cutscene before the credits? Every other classic Sonic game has one, why can't we?
Old 01-25-2016   #5015
Unknownlight

I'll second that. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before (and I also seem to recall one of the devs saying they weren't going to do it?) but I would love a Doomsday Zone-esque stage with NiGHTS gameplay. In fact, it could be pretty similar to the Special Stages—collect x number of spheres/rings to break the boss's shield and attack it directly. I think it'd be a perfect finale to the game.
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016   #5016
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

Well, as much I'd love to see that the devs are hoping someone(read: us) can make it on our own time, if it's not a glitchy mess, it can be an extra final boss of the main story (possibly).
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #5017
Tokyo

Can y'all add the sound effect when Knuckles land on the ground after gliding?
Tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #5018
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

What do you mean ? the sound he releases after landing while he's still on his gliding frames ? If so, it's already available .
Old 01-27-2016   #5019
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
What do you mean ? the sound he releases after landing while he's still on his gliding frames ? If so, it's already available .
I think Tokyo means the "click" sound in Sonic & Knuckles when you glide, stop gliding, and then land while falling.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #5020
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Up-wards springs exist with the sprites SPRB, SPRY and SPRR for blue, yellow, and red, respectively. Diagonal springs also exist with the sprites YSPR and RSPR for yellow and red... but BSPR also exist, which are sprites for blue diagonal springs, so... Why not add a diagonal blue spring to the game? It could be useful in water, for example.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote