SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 02-03-2009   #1
Lance88

Default Castlevania Discussion

I decided to search if there were any Castlevania discussion topics here, but I didn't find any, so I decided to make one myself.

This discussion will be about what I like to call a great video game series called Castlevania. Post anything from the games of the series you have, why you like/dislike the series, your favorite or least favorite game of the series, and even politely debate on which game is the best.

If you don't know what Castlevania is Google or Wiki it. It's atleast a series worth looking into for a bit.

I'll start by saying what games I own of the Castlevania series.

PSX: Symphony of the Night

GBA: Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sarrow

DS: Dawn of Sarrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclessia

PSP: Dracula X Chronicles

I personally Like DXC the best, because of the extra features and stuff such as the SotN and RoB remakes.
Lance88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #2
super
newbe comic artist

I have played some of the games, i quite like them, but I have never compleated one before.
The above statement is false
super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #3
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

I've never been a fan of the whole Vampire/haunted theme except for the way it was handled in the Harry Potter movies. However, what I saw of the latest DS game looked like a mix between RPG upgrades, melee, and Metroid gameplay. Besides that, the vampire theme appeared to be handled decently so after a long period spent in consideration, I figured that I would be interested in playing the game. Unfortunately, I haven't got the game yet because there are other DS games that I wanted that come at a smaller price.

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
JEV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #4
Lance88

The newer Castlevania games have always been compared to Metroid due to similar gameplay. I however love the older games best, because I am a fan of stage by stage gameplay. However, the older games have often been put down, because of the extreme difficulty.

Don't get me wrong here. I do like the newer RPG Castlevania's alot. It was a nice change from the usuall formula, but it left me wanting to go back to the NES and SNES games.
Lance88 is offline   Reply With Quote