• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2Fort(TF2 remake).wad (Needs critism+help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the 2fort textures in Doom Builder, I had to go for this. Currently there is no real progress, only a really buggy version. Since I need progress, here is the only real thing I've done so far:
srb20102.png

Things to do:
Make flag points for red and blue
Make a bridge
Add weapon rings
Add Thok barrier-Done! Now I just need to fix this death bug. Done!
Get a good scale of SRB2DB. >.< Almost done, now it's a bit small >.<

Anyone who wishes to give me advice, post here. If you want to help me on my project, PM me and I'll give you the latest file of the map.

I'm sorry there's no real progress, but I just know someone would've beat me to the punch.

I'm pretty sure I can guess at why it's a bad idea for this kind of map in SRB2. I am thinking of ways this might be possible and how I can execute that(For example, have teleports leading to the sewer).

supersonic45 said:
I'm pretty sure I can guess at why it's a bad idea for this kind of map in SRB2. I am thinking of ways this might be possible and how I can execute that(For example, have teleports leading to the sewer).

(I never played TF2)

Or you could make pathways to lead underground for sewers. Or sewer holes. :p

supersonic45 said:
Why teleports? You could just make a pipe leading in. With water, ofcourse.

Akuma TH said:
I would've loved a dustbowl level, but it can't be done, I guess.
I sure hope you don't give up.
A correct dustbowl can only be done if SRB2 had capture points, which can't be done in DOOM IIRC.
Akuma TH said:
Why teleports? You could just make a pipe leading in. With water, of course.
See below.

Anyways, I started reworking on the level. Currently there is very small work done, only a very small base. Since I reworked it to be smaller(which, made it too small), I might leave this version for a remade Miles' beach. Meanwhile, I still need a good rendition of scale... :|
Shadow Hog said:
Bigboi said:
If you guys are making ANY TF2 maps, it has to be Well. No other map is simple enough to work in SRB2.
ctf_turbine

I haven't played TF2 in some time do to my low computer specs(Altough, don't worry as I know 2Fort up and down). Turbine? A good idea. Well would be similar like making 2Fort, it's still not that simple. :|

Bigboi said:
If you guys are making ANY TF2 maps, it has to be Well. No other map is simple enough to work in SRB2.

Goldrush, Badwater, Hoodoo, and Pipeline would be fine for Race.

Also, good luck/work on the map, I'd love to see a TF2 map in SRB2.

supersonic45 said:
Akuma TH said:
I would've loved a dustbowl level, but it can't be done, I guess.
I sure hope you don't give up.
A correct dustbowl can only be done if SRB2 had capture points, which can't be done in DOOM IIRC.

Actually, coding capture points wouldn't be that difficult. You'd need a new sector special to determine the capture point's area, and a new linedef type to feed parameters such as what order it is captured in and how long and how many players need to sit on it in order to capture it. Similar in fashion to the way king of the hill currently works in SRB2, but obviously with a a bit more gamelogic to go with it. If you wanted to get fancy, you could even make linedef exectutor types that execute upon point capture to block/open passageways and the like.

However, I don't see how such gameplay would fit into SRB2.

It wouldn't.

Unless you did some kind of "reverse CTF" like Avanti (or TFC in general, I guess), where an attacking team runs a flag to a point in order to capture it. However, even then, it probably wouldn't work that well.

Update. And there's no update really.

I'm trying, but this is harder for me than it looks, not the map making, but me fighting myself to keep attention/remembrance to this project.

If anything, I'll probably just ask Shadowhog for his version and improve off of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back