360 update causing freeze ups and RRoD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue said:
Redownloading? They didn't take my hard drive...
Are you usually online with the 360? because I'm usually not online with mine. I'm just wondering if your hard drive acts the same way with you current mother board as it would another 360's

Todd Khool the Cyborg said:
Well I am not gonna take that risk.
You have to. As soon as you turn your 360 on, it will connect to the internet and Microsoft will give you a crashing update.
Has any news group broadcast this problem yet?

Questionguy555 said:
Todd Khool the Cyborg said:
Well I am not gonna take that risk.
You have to. As soon as you turn your 360 on, it will connect to the internet and Microsoft will give you a crashing update.
Has any news group broadcast this problem yet?

No, because it's an isolated problem.

Honestly, anytime any form of online update or patch comes out for anything there's always hysteria about system bricking and whatnot, most of which is coincidential.

It happens with the Wii, it happens with the PS3, it happens with the 360 and it happens with PC updates and patches, this is hardly a new phenomenon.

This is why I do not want a 360. I don't want to waste hundreds of dollars on a system that will RrOD me.

I agree with Jellybones, this is why I dn't want an Xbox360. The only reasons why I would get one is:
1. Sonic '06, it seems better than everyone thinks it is. if a PC port is possible, that would be excellent.
2. Halo 3, I've been a fan of Halo ever since I started playing it across LAN at school. I currently have Halo, Halo: Custom Edition and Halo 2: Vista. Halo 2 Vista is awesome with the Arbiter. That guy's awesome.

I would happily get a PS3 instead of an Xbox360. The Wii though, is plain awesomeness and is why I got that one first. SSBB, ooo yeah.

glaber said:
Cue said:
Redownloading? They didn't take my hard drive...
Are you usually online with the 360? because I'm usually not online with mine. I'm just wondering if your hard drive acts the same way with you current mother board as it would another 360's

I only ever play online, I purchase games based on their multiplayer content not their singleplayer. If you have a repair done, they change all your paid for content licenses to your new console serial, so you don't even have to redownload.

I saw this too, I didn't want to update when I got mine connected to live. But I have a Jasper, So it'll be fine. ((Manufact. date is (MM-DD-YY) 11-11-08. That's the manuf. date when the Jasper's 360's started.))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back