Help! When I host everyone gets a Timeout! what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He posted the entire log of what happened in his server in the thread instead of giving a pastebin link to the info.

Might be your computer, if it's an old model (which there is a SRB2 Launcher for, it has an option for old versions of Windows, all the way back to Windows 95. Then again, it MIGHT be your Ping (i get kicked out of Stick Arena almost every time for that) or it may also be your disk space (or memory [too many things running in one session], you never know). If you're low on space (which me and my mum knows all to well that it causes lag), try defragging or removing unnecesary items. But on the laptop i am on **WARNING BRAG INCOMING** over 80 GIGAbytes of space. Dunno how, but it's there, so i could post a screenie (and I rarely dl big things, which helps. i have 1 or 3 SRB2 wads that are over 1 meg. out of the 3 there is a 2 meg file too, but oh well, still have plenty leftover. **END BRAG**

Disk space causing lag?

I have used 190gb on my primary drive's first partition (222gb partition, there's 10gb put away for Linux there that I can't see right now) and I've used up 50gb on my second hard drive (80gb). Why am I not getting any lag? >_>

FYI, 80gb is tiny these days, I used up 100gb within the first week of formatting when I was reinstalling stuff.

By the way, who's Jack, Armonte? =P

I think he's saying that having a lot of memory used up on older machines causes lag.

Which is also completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back